This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Simon Dominggus Pesulima|
|Also known as||Broery Pesulima|
June 25, 1948|
Ambon, Maluku, Indonesia
|Died||April 7, 2000
|Years active||1971 - 2000|
Broery (June 25, 1948 - April 7, 2000) was the stage name of the Indonesian singer Broery Pesulima, also known as Broery Marantika.
He died on April 7, 2000 in Cinere.
Broery Pesulima or also known by the name Broery Marantika (25 June 1948 – 7 April 2000) was a singer and musician born in Indonesia's Ambon. His real name was Simon Dominggus Pesulima, during his career he also uses the name Broery Marantika taken from his mother's family name. He was raised by the family of his mother's uncle, Simon Marantika. His father named Gijsberth Pesulima while her mother called Wilmintje Marantika. Broery has three brothers, namely Henky, Freejohn and Helmi. Since small Broery is a member of the church choir in Ambon.
In 1964 he was the singing contest held oeh Radio Republik Indonesia (RRI) in Ambon. Broery a year and then moved to Cinere and started his career as a professional singer with Remy Leimena join the group. Helmi Pesulima also known as a singer. Broery make the first album recorded in 1968–1969. He was known for starting roles in the film End A Dreamland in 1971 and in the film Broery sing two songs, Wind and Night Dream sad. One of the famous songs are thorny and Roses Night Wind.
Broery experienced since the stroke in 1998 and on 7 April 2000, Broery died in hospital Cinere Puri, Cinere after that he often entered the hospital exit. Broery leaving a wife and two children.
Broery got married for the first time in Singapore to local performer, Anita Sarawak and subsequently took on the name Broery Abdullah. After his divorce from Sarawak, he reverted to using his original name and to his Christian faith. Later, he married Wanda Irene Latuperisa. They have two children, named Indonesia Putra Pesulima and Nabila Methaya Pesulima.
Honors and awards
- He was winner in 1997 with his song Letters To Kekasih at Malaysia Official Music Industry Award (AIM).
- In 1996 The Best of Sound Track Album of the Movie at Malaysia Eliminate Air Mata (wipe your tears)
- Awarded in 1991 Categories in Cinere in Festifal Best Music Video, Clip, Sound track, Producer Broery composition and singing songs in Once There Was Love
- 2000 "Selamat Tinggal" exclusive solo
- Cinta Kilat Album Cinta
- The best of Broery Marantika "Hati yang Terluka"
- 30 years in review vol 2 "Daku Cari Jalan Terbaik"
- 30 years in review vol 3 " Angin Malam"
- Best of the best Top Pop vol 2 "Jangan Kau Menangis"
- Persembahanku Album "Untukmu" 1970
- 20 Golden Best "Mawar Berduri"
- "Balada Seorang Biduan"
- Koleksi Hits 1970 - 2000 "Kasih"
- Memories Hit's Broery Marantika "Kaulah Segalanya"
- "Mengapa Harus Bertengkar" duet with Dewi Yull.
- Tembang Kenangan vol 5 "Hapuslah Air Matamu"
- Tembang - tembang 1970 "Sepanjang jalan kenangan"
- Tembang Kenangan "Resah"
- 1989 "Aku Begini kau Begitu" : You're My inspiration : Before You Go.
- 1992 The best collection of Broery Marantika ( Kuala Lumpur Mal: Warner Music WEA )
- 1993 "Dalam Gelora Cinta"
- 1997 He was winner with his song Surat Untuk Kekasih at Malaysia Official Music Industry Award ( AIM ).
- 1996 The Best of Sound Track Album of the Movie at Malaysia Hapuslah Air Mata( wipe your tears )
- 1991 Win of six Categories at Jakarta Music Festival in Best Vidio, Clip, Sound track, Composition and Producer He sings Once There Was Love
- Jangan biarkan mereka lapar 1974
- Lagu untukmu 1973
- Akhir sebuah impian 1973
- Istriku sayang istriku malang 1977
- Kasih sayang 1974
- Wajah tiga perempuan 1976
- Impian perawan 1976
- Brandal - brandal metropolitan 1971
- Bawang putih 1974
- Perempuan histiris 1976
- Sesuatu yang indah 1976
- Matahari hampir terbenam 1971
- Hapuslah air matamu 1975