Broken Arrow (album)
|Studio album by Neil Young with Crazy Horse|
|Released||July 2, 1996|
|Recorded||March 21 - April 17, 1996|
|Studio||Plywood Digital, Woodside, CA (except "Baby What You Want Me To Do": Old Princeton Landing, Princeton-By-The-Sea, CA)|
|Genre||Blues rock, folk rock|
|Neil Young with Crazy Horse chronology|
Broken Arrow is the twenty-third studio album by Canadian musician Neil Young, and his eighth with Crazy Horse. The first three songs are in the form of long, structured jams. The final track is a live version of a Jimmy Reed song that was recorded on an audience microphone at a small "secret" gig in California, giving it a bootleg feel.
A bonus track, "Interstate," was included on the vinyl record release of the album and the CD single of "Big Time", and is an outtake from the 1990 Ragged Glory sessions. This record would be the last studio album by Neil Young for four years, and the last in a long string of rock albums broken only by Harvest Moon.
All tracks by Neil Young, except where noted.
|5.||"Scattered (Let's Think About Livin')"||4:13|
|8.||"Baby What You Want Me to Do"||Jimmy Reed||8:08|
|Vinyl bonus track|
- Neil Young - guitar, electric and acoustic guitars, piano, harmonica
- Crazy Horse
- Stephen Thomas Erlewine. "Broken Arrow - Neil Young,Neil Young & Crazy Horse | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-06-03.
- "CG: Neil Young & Crazy Horse". Robert Christgau. Retrieved 2015-06-03.
- "iTunes - Music - Broken Arrow by Neil Young & Crazy Horse". Itunes.apple.com. 1996-07-02. Retrieved 2013-05-27.
- "Broken Arrow: Neil Young with Crazy Horse: Music". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2013-05-27.
- Thomas, Stephen (1996-07-02). "Broken Arrow - Neil Young, Neil Young & Crazy Horse : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-05-27.