|Opening theme||Mike Post|
Vocalist on opening theme uncredited
|Ending theme||Mike Post|
|Composers||Mike Post (1.1, "Westside Stories")|
Velton Ray Bunch (1.2, "Argo the Venusian", 1.5, and 1.6 -- the finale)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||7|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company||Stephen J. Cannell Productions|
|Original release||November 24, 1990 –|
June 20, 1991
Broken Badges is an American-Canadian police procedural drama television series that aired on CBS from November 24, 1990, to December 22, 1990, and on June 20, 1991. The series was co-created by Stephen J. Cannell.
Broken Badges followed three police officers, J.J "Bullet" Tingreedes, who was addicted to danger, Stanley "Whipusall" Jones, a small man who would explode when people would make comments about his size, and Toby Baker, a kleptomaniac. All were on psychiatric leave from the police department. Together, with former New Orleans cop Beau Jack Bowman and police psychiatrist Priscilla Mather, they formed a crime fighting team.
- Miguel Ferrer as Beau Jack Bowman
- Eileen Davidson as J.J "Bullet" Tingreedes
- Jay Johnson as Stanley "Whipusall" Jones
- Ernie Hudson as Toby Baker
- Charlotte Lewis as Priscilla Mathers
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|"Pilot"||Kim Manners||Stephen J. Cannell & Randall Wallace||November 24, 1990|
|3||"Westside Stories"||James Whitmore Jr.||Jack Bernstein||December 1, 1990|
|4||"Strawberry"||Jonathan Sanger||Randall Wallace||December 8, 1990|
|5||"Chucky"||Kim Manners||Stephen J. Cannell||December 22, 1990|
|6||"Meet Your Matchmaker"||Tucker Gates||Jack Bernstein||June 6, 1991|
|7||"Argo the Venusian"||Alan Cooke||Randall Wallace||June 13, 1991|
|8||"Can I Get a Witness?"||David Nutter||Jack Bernstein||June 20, 1991|
This show debuted on CBS on November 24, 1990, replacing E.A.R.T.H. Force, this was done as part of a realignment in CBS' programming lineup that involves other programming. It did not fare well in the ratings, and it was quietly cancelled later that year.
On July 27, 2010, Mill Creek Entertainment released Prime Time Crime: The Stephen J. Cannell Collection on DVD in Region 1. This special collection contained 54 episodes from 13 different shows produced by Stephen J. Cannell Productions including all seven episodes of Broken Badges.
- The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946–Present. Ballantine Books. 2003. p. 159. ISBN 0-345-45542-8.
- "If at first you don't succeed...new season cancellations and reshufflings began" (PDF). Broadcasting. 1990-10-08. Retrieved 2021-09-13.
- "CBS Cancels Cannell Dramas 'Broken Badges,' 'Wiseguy'". Los Angeles Times. 1990-12-22. Retrieved 2021-09-13.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-10-13. Retrieved 2013-11-12.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)