Promotional poster for Broken Bridges.
|Directed by||Steven Goldmann|
|Produced by||Sara Risher
|Written by||Cherie Bennett
|Music by||Toby Keith|
|Edited by||Maysie Hoy|
|Distributed by||Paramount Classics|
Broken Bridges is a 2006 film starring Toby Keith, Lindsey Haun, Burt Reynolds and Kelly Preston. The film, a music-drama, is centered on a fading country singer's return to his hometown near a military base in Kentucky where several young men who were killed in a training exercise on the base were from. He is reunited with his former sweetheart and estranged daughter, who returns to the town as well.
Bo Price (Keith), a down-and-out country singer, has returned home for his brother's funeral following a military training accident. While there, he reunites with his true love, Angela Delton (Preston), a Miami news reporter who has also returned home for her brother's funeral. Bo also meets their 16-year-old daughter, Dixie Leigh Delton (Haun), for the first time. Since Bo walked away from Angela while she was still pregnant, Dixie has never met him or his side of the family. Dixie has experimented with alcohol, but is able to break free with the help of her now-sober father. With her father's musical blood running through her veins, Dixie closes the movie by singing a song she wrote at the memorial for the fallen soldiers.
Overall critical reaction was negative. Most critics cited Toby Keith's wooden acting, as well as the blatant product placement by Keith's sponsor, Ford, as major detriments to the film. The general negative consensus was reflected by the poor box office gross of $252,539 in four weeks of release. However, the film has sold over $8 million in DVD sales, and repeats often on CMT, Country Music Television.
- Broken Bridges - Toby Keith & Lindsey Haun
- Thinking About You - Fred Eaglesmith
- Crash Here Tonight - Toby Keith
- Broken - Lindsey Haun
- Along for the Ride - Matraca Berg
- Uncloudy Day - Willie Nelson, Toby Keith, & BeBe Winans
- What's Up With That - Scotty Emerick
- High on the Mountain - Flynnville Train
- The Battlefield - Sonya Isaacs
- Can't Go Back - Toby Keith
- The Waiting Game - Poor Richard's Hound
- Big Bull Rider - Toby Keith
- Zig Zag Stop - Toby Keith
- Jacky Don Tucker (Play By The Rules Miss All The Fun) - Toby Keith
- Toby Keith as Bo Price
- Kelly Preston as Angela Delton
- Lindsey Haun as Dixie Leigh Delton
- Tess Harper as Dixie Rose Delton
- Burt Reynolds as Jake Delton
- Willie Nelson as Himself
- BeBe Winans as Himself
- Seth Chalmers as Jerome