Bromborough Rake railway station
|Classification||DfT category E|
Passenger statistics from the Office of Rail and Road
Bromborough Rake railway station is one of two stations serving the Bromborough area of the Wirral, England. The station is situated on the Chester and Ellesmere Port branches of the Wirral Line, part of the Merseyrail network.
The station was opened by British Rail in 1985, to coincide with the electrification of the line between Rock Ferry and Hooton, which allowed through trains to Liverpool, via the Mersey Railway Tunnel.
The station is staffed, during all opening hours, and has platform CCTV. There is a payphone and a booking office. There are departure and arrival screens, on the platform, for passenger information. Each of the two platforms has sheltered seating. There is no car park at the station, though there is a drop-off point. There is secure cycle parking for 20 cycles. Access to the station booking office is straightforward. Access to both platforms is by ramp, allowing easy access for passengers with wheelchairs or prams.
Trains operate every 15 minutes between Chester and Liverpool on weekdays and Saturdays until late evening when the service becomes half-hourly, as it is on Sundays. Additionally there is a half-hourly service between Liverpool and Ellesmere Port all day, every day. Northbound trains operate via Hamilton Square station in Birkenhead and the Mersey Railway Tunnel to Liverpool. Southbound trains all proceed as far as Hooton, where the lines to Chester and Ellesmere Port divide. These services are all provided by Merseyrail's fleet of Class 507 and Class 508 EMUs.
- Station Facilities for Bromborough Rake Accessed 2013-12-20
- Bromborough Rake train station facilities, Merseyrail Accessed 2017-02-06
- Bromborough Rake Station Plan
- "Wirral Line timetable" (PDF). Merseyrail. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 December 2013. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- Mitchell, Vic; Smith, Keith (2012). Chester to Birkenhead. Middleton Press. fig. 51. ISBN 9781908174215. OCLC 811323335.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bromborough Rake railway station.|
- Station information for Bromborough Rake railway station from Merseyrail
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
towards Chester or Ellesmere Port
towards Liverpool Central