Bromley South railway station
Location of Bromley South in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Bromley|
|Number of platforms||4|
|OSI||Bromley North |
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|22 November 1858||Opened (Bromley Common)|
|1 July 1899||Renamed (Bromley South)|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portal
UK Railways portalCoordinates:
Bromley South railway station is a major station on the Chatham Main Line in Greater London within the London Borough of Bromley. Serving the major suburban town of Bromley, it is in Travelcard Zone 5, and it is managed by Southeastern.
Bromley South station is located in Bromley High Street. It is 10.9 miles (17.5 km) from London Victoria - the 11-mile milepost is a short distance east of the station.
Services are run by Southeastern, and Thameslink .
The typical off-peak train service is:
- 4tph (trains per hour) non-stop to London Victoria
- 4tph to London Victoria calling at all stations via Herne Hill
- 2tph to West Hampstead Thameslink via Catford
- 1tph to London Victoria via Denmark Hill
- 4tph to Orpington
- 2tph to Sevenoaks via Swanley
- 1tph to Ramsgate via Chatham
- 2tph to Dover Priory via Chatham
- 1tph to Ashford International via Maidstone East
- 1tph to Canterbury West via Ashford International
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Chatham Main Line
|St. Mary Cray|
Maidstone East Line
Victoria - Sevenoaks
The station has 4 platforms, platform 1 being for stopping services to Central London via Herne Hill or Catford, platform 2 for services to Orpington or Sevenoaks via Swanley, platform 3 for non-stop services to London Victoria and platform 4 for services to Ramsgate and Dover Priory, Ashford International or Gillingham.
- Bromley North railway station, a smaller station a short walk away
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bromley South railway station.|