|Founder||Aaron L. Gilbert|
British Columbia, Canada
|Subsidiaries||Bron Venture I LLC|
Bron Studios, stylized as BRON Studios, is a Canadian motion picture company based in British Columbia owned by Bron Media Corporation. Bron's notable productions include The Mule, I Saw the Light, Henchmen, Into the Forest, Roman J. Israel, Esq., Rudderless, Welcome to Me, A Single Shot, Trust Me, Tumbledown, The Driftless Area, Foreverland, Joker and Ghostbusters: Afterlife.
Bron Creative is a joint venture between Bron Studios and Creative Wealth Media. Bron Creative provides equity for studio productions and senior secured debt financing on appropriate film and television productions.
Bron Studios was founded in 2010 by Aaron Gilbert and Brenda Gilbert. Bron formed Bron Animation division lead by Gil Rimmer and Ben Burden Smith as creative directors. The division's first project was two Mighty Mighty Monsters specials.
In September 2017, Bron Studios was reorganized with Bron Media Corp. becoming Bron Studios' parent company. Genre label the Realm, Bron Releasing and Bron Animation joined the studio as Bron Media subsidiaries. Daniel D. McClure was also hired as president and chief operating officer from his position as Toronto-based CQI Capital Management CEO.
Its Bron Venture unit invested in starting up Media Res, Michael Ellenberg's TV and film production company in June 2017. Bron would also find financing for the start up's projects.
By 2016, Bron Media and Creative Wealth Media form a joint venture, Bron Creative, to fund films. The venture's first film is Fences by Paramount Pictures. Next, the venture agreed to fully fiance an animated film series, up to four films, based on Bear Grylls produced by YBG Films, a joint venture between Grylls and Platinum Films. In December 2018, Bron Creative and Warner Bros. agreed to a six film slate deal with $100 million in co-financing. Bron Creative agreed to another $100 million co-financing slate deal with MGM in June 2019.
Married couple Brenda Gilbert and Aaron L. Gilbert founded Bron. Aaron is a Canadian producer, executive producer, and financier of live-action and animated motion pictures and series television. In addition to Bron, Gilbert is also the Managing Director of Media House Capital, a senior lender in the film and television business.
Originally from London, Ontario, Canada, Gilbert moved to Los Angeles and Vancouver in 1994, beginning his career in the music management and music publishing industry with BOXX Entertainment before segueing into music supervision and licensing for film/television later in the 1990s, and then into animation and live-action business affairs and finance. Music continues to be influential in his creative and project choices.
Gilbert has been a producer and executive producer of recent films including Beatriz at Dinner, Fences, The Birth of a Nation, Kill Me 3 Times, Son of a Gun, Miss Julie, Elsa & Fred, Ginger & Rosa, The English Teacher, Lullaby, Supremacy, Janie Jones, Decoding Annie Parker, I Melt With You, and DayDream Nation.
- Paradox (2010)
- Jabberwock (2011)
- Foreverland (2011)
- Trust Me (co-produced) (2013)
- A Single Shot (2013)
- Mighty Mighty Monsters in New Fears Eve (2013)
- Mighty Mighty Monsters in Halloween Havoc (2013)
- Rudderless (2014)
- Welcome to Me (2014)
- Tell (2014)
- Mighty Mighty Monsters in Pranks for the Memories (2015)
- I Saw the Light (2015)
- Into the Forest (2015)
- Meadowland (2015)
- The Driftless Area (2015)
- Tumbledown (2015)
- Hyena Road (2015)
- Ithaca (2015)
- The Birth of a Nation (2016)
- Special Correspondents (2016)
- Una (2016)
- The Cleanse (2016)
- The Philosophy of Phil (2017)
- Beatriz at Dinner (2017)
- The Layover (2017)
- Parallel (2018)
- Drunk Parents (2018)
- Leave No Trace (2018)
- Monster (2018)
- Prospect (2018)
- To Dust (2018)
- Tully (2018)
- The Spy Who Dumped Me (2018)
- The Nightingale (2018)
- A Simple Favor (2018)
- The Front Runner (2018)
- Assassination Nation (2018)
- Henchmen (2018)
- The Red Sea Diving Resort (2019)
- Bombshell (2019)
- Fonzo (2019)
- The Willoughbys (2020)
- Harry Haft (TBA)
- Those Who Wish Me Dead (TBA)
- Pieces of a Woman
- Fences (2016) Paramount Pictures
- Roman J. Israel, Esq. (2017) Columbia Pictures
- The Mule (2018) Warner Bros.
- Isn't It Romantic (2019) Warner Bros./New Line Cinema
- Child's Play (2019) Orion Pictures
- The Kitchen (2019) Warner Bros./New Line Cinema
- Joker (2019) Warner Bros.
- The Good Liar (2019) Warner Bros./New Line Cinema
- The Addams Family (2019) Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Queen & Slim (2019) Universal Pictures
- Superintelligence (2020) HBO Max/Warner Bros./New Line Cinema
- Bad Trip (2020) Orion Pictures
- Gretel & Hansel (2020) Orion Pictures
- The Way Back (2020) Warner Bros.
- Legally Blonde 3 (2020) MGM
- Candyman (2020) Universal Pictures/MGM
- Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2020) Columbia Pictures
- Respect (2020) MGM
- Chaos Walking (TBD) Lionsgate
- Bear Grylls Young Adventurer: Endangered (TBD) YBG Films
- The Thomas Crown Affair (TBD) MGM
- Robocop Returns (TBA) MGM/Orion Pictures
- Ford, Rebecca. "Hank Williams Biopic 'I Saw the Light' Rounds Out Cast (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter.
- McNary, Dave. "Tom Hiddleston to Play Country Icon Hank Williams in Biopic". Variety.
- Yamato, Jen. "Elizabeth Olsen Joins Tom Hiddleston In Hank Williams Biopic 'I Saw The Light'". Deadline Hollywood.
- Wolfe, Jennifer. "Bron Animation Announces New Henchmen Feature". The Wrap.
- Giardina, Carolyn (August 12, 2014). "Siggraph: Gary Sanchez Productions To Produce Animated "Henchmen" (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- Cheney, Alexandra. "Max Minghella and Callum Keith Rennie Join 'Into the Forest' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety.
- Rozema, Patricia. "Into the Forest". Telefilm Canada. Archived from the original on 2015-02-12. Retrieved 2015-02-12.
- "Paramount Home Media Distribution and Samuel Goldwyn Films Collaborate on Distribution of William H. Macy's Directorial Debut and Sundance Feature RUDDERLESS". CNBC. Archived from the original on 2014-05-03.
- Wolfe, McNary. "Rebecca Hall Joins Romantic Comedy 'Tumbledown'". Variety.
- "Zooey Deschanel Has A New Movie Project! Enter 'The Driftless Area'". Contactmusic.com. 25 April 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2019.
- "Movie Details - Foreverland". Cineplex.com.
- Littleton, Cynthia (June 8, 2017). "HBO Alum Michael Ellenberg Teams With Bron Studios to Launch Media Res Banner (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved December 2, 2019.
- Zahad, Ramin. "Bron Studios Launches Animated 'Monsters' Series". Animation Magazine.
- McNary, Dave; McNary, Dave (September 2, 2015). "Bron Media Hires Daniel McClure as President". Variety. Retrieved December 2, 2019.
- Kay, Jeremy (May 18, 2019). "BRON Creative, Platinum Films partner on Bear Grylls animation (exclusive)". Screen Daily. Retrieved December 2, 2019.
- McNary, Dave (December 18, 2018). "Warner Bros., Bron Strike $100 Million Co-Financing Deal". Variety. Retrieved December 2, 2019.
- Moreau, Jordan (June 6, 2019). "MGM and Bron Creative Enter $100 Million Co-Financing Deal". Variety. Retrieved December 2, 2019.
- Kay, Jeremy. "Aaron Gilbert, A Single Shot". Screen Daily. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- McNary, Dave. "The Exchange Takes 'Supremacy' to Cannes". Variety.
- "Movie Details - Paradox". Cineplex.com.
- Kilday, Gregg. "Clark Gregg Writing and Directing 'Trust Me,' a Dark Comedy About Child Stars". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Wolfe, Jennifer. "TELETOON Picks Up Bron's 'Mighty Mighty Monsters'". Animation World News.
- Kay, Jeremy. "Radiant, Mars strike Rudderless deal". Screen Daily.
- Kroll, Justin. "James Marsden, Wes Bentley and Joan Cusack Round Out Cast of Wiig Pic". Variety.
- Sneider, Jeff. "Zooey Deschanel, Anton Yelchin to Star in Dark Comedy 'The Driftless Area'". Deadline Hollywood.
- McNary, Dave. "CANNES: Johnny Galecki, Chloe Sevigny, Anjelica Huston in Horror-Comedy 'Master Cleanse'". Variety.
- Sneider, Jeff. "'Pushing Daisies' Alum Anna Friel, 'Fargo's' Oliver Platt Join Johnny Galecki in 'Master Cleanse' (Exclusive)". The Wrap.
- McNary, Dave (1 March 2017). "Bella Thorne, Maude Apatow, Joel McHale Join Thriller 'Assassination Nation'". Variety. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (20 March 2017). "Chris Evans To Star In 'Red Sea Diving Resort'". Deadline. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
- McNary, Dave (2 June 2017). "Martin Short, Maya Rudolph Join Ricky Gervais in Animated Film 'Willoughbys'". Variety. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- Vlessing, Eton (May 2, 2019). "New Line Cinema to Co-Finance Angelina Jolie's 'Those Who Wish Me Dead'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 7, 2019.
- Galuppo, Mia (October 22, 2019). "Shia LaBeouf to Star in Drama 'Pieces of a Woman' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 9, 2019.