Brondesbury railway station
Brondesbury station entrance, Kilburn High Road
Location of Brondesbury in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Brent|
|Managed by||London Overground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Original company||Hampstead Junction Railway|
|Pre-grouping||London and North Western Railway|
|Post-grouping||London, Midland and Scottish Railway|
|2 January 1860||Opened as Edgeware Road (Kilburn)|
|1 November 1865||Renamed Edgware Road|
|1 January 1872||Renamed Edgware Road and Brondesbury|
|1 January 1873||Renamed Brondesbury (Edgware Road)|
|1 May 1883||Renamed Brondesbury|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portal
UK Railways portalCoordinates:
Ticket barriers are now in operation.
Brondesbury station opened on 2 January 1860 as Edgeware [sic] Road (Kilburn) station on the Hampstead Junction Railway. It was renamed several times: Edgware Road on 1 November 1865, Edgware Road and Brondesbury on 1 January 1872, Brondesbury (Edgware Road) on 1 January 1873, Brondesbury on 1 May 1883. A signal box was in use at the station until 5 February 1962.
A number of plans were put forward between 1890 and 1926 to build an underground railway along the Edgware Road, and would have seen the construction of a Tube station at Brondesbury. None of the schemes succeeded and no such line was ever built.
Brondesbury currently has the following London Overground (North London Line) services, which is operated by Class 378 trainsets.
|Preceding station||London Overground||Following station|
|North London Line||
Brondesbury was planned to become a step-free station and the project will be completed in 2017.
- "Out of Station Interchanges" (XLS). Transport for London. May 2011. Archived from the original on 20 October 2012.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. p. 89. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.
- Butt 1995, p. 46
- Joe Brown (November 2006). London Railway Atlas. Hersham: Ian Allan Publishing. p. 21, section A2. ISBN 0-7110-3137-1. 0611/3.
- Vic Mitchell and Keith Smith (1997). North London Line (Broad Street to Willesden Jn. via Hampstead Heath. MP Middleton Press.
- Badsey-Ellis, Antony (2005). London's Lost Tube Schemes. Capital Transport. ISBN 1-85414-293-3.
- PDF (435 KB)
- Step-free Access - Transport for London
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brondesbury railway station.|