|No. 92 – Baltimore Ravens|
July 6, 1991|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||285 lb (129 kg)|
|High school:||Provo (UT) Timpview|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 3 / Pick: 70|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Kaufusi attended Timpview High School in Provo, Utah. He had 70 tackles and 9.5 sacks as junior and 19 tackles and two sacks his senior year before suffering an injury. Kaufusi was rated by Rivals.com as a four-star recruit and was ranked committed to the Brigham Young University (BYU) to play college football.
After spending two years on his Mormon mission in Auckland, New Zealand, Kaufusi played for the first time at BYU in 2012. He played in all 13 games and had 23 tackles and 4.5 sacks. After the season, he played in 20 games for BYU's basketball team. As a sophomore in 2013, he had 41 tackles, four sacks and an interception returned for a touchdown. After spending his first two years as a defensive lineman, Kaufusi moved to linebacker his junior year. He finished the season 48 tackles and seven sacks. He moved back to defensive end his senior year and recorded 64 tackles and 11 sacks.
On January 8, 2016, Bronson announced that he had received and accepted an invitation to the 2016 Senior Bowl. On January 30, 2016, he attended the Reese's Senior Bowl and was a part of the South's defensive line that dominated and led them to a 27-16 victory. He attended the NFL Combine and completed all of the required combine drills. Kaufusi performed well and finished 17th among defensive linemen in the 40-yard dash, 5th in the three-cone drill, tied Michigan State's Shilique Calhoun for fourth in the short shuttle, and finished 20th among defensive linemen in the bench press. On March 25, 2016, Kaufusi participated at BYU's pro day, along with Mitch Mathews, Ryker Mathews, Manoa Pikula, Graham Rowley, and six other prospects. Team representatives and scouts from 18 NFL teams attended to scout Kaufusi, who was the main attraction, as he opted to only run positional and stand on his combine numbers. At the conclusion of the pre-draft process, Kaufusi was projected as a second or third round prospect by the majority of NFL draft experts and scouts. He was ranked as the next ninth best defensive end prospect by NFLDraftScout.com and the tenth best by NFL analyst Mike Mayock.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 6 in
|34 1⁄2 in
|9 3⁄4 in
|4.87 s||1.69 s||2.84 s||4.25 s||7.03 s||30 in
|9 ft 3 in
|All values from NFL Combine,|
The Baltimore Ravens selected Kaufusi in the third round (70th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft. He was the only BYU player drafted in 2016 and the second of three edge rushers selected by the Baltimore Ravens in the 2016 NFL Draft. The Ravens drafted Boise State's Kamalei Correa in the second round (42nd overall) and Grand Valley State's Matt Judon in the fifth round (146th overall).
On June 14, 2016, the Baltimore Ravens signed Kaufusi to a four-year, $3.45 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $845,016.
He competed with Lawrence Guy, Kapron Lewis-Moore and Mario Ojemudia throughout training camp for the backup defensive end position. On August 30, 2016, he was placed on injured/reserve after breaking his ankle in training camp. He missed the entire 2016 season.
Kaufusi competed with Brandon Williams, Carl Davis, Willie Henry throughout training camp for the vacant starting defensive end position left by the departure of Timmy Jernigan in free agency. Head coach John Harbaugh named Kaufusi the backup left defensive end to Brent Urban to begin the regular season.
His father, Steve Kaufusi, is the defensive line coach for BYU and his brother, Corbin, plays basketball and football at BYU. His wife, Hilary, also attended BYU and played on their soccer team. His mother, Michelle Kaufusi, is the Mayor of Provo.
- "Yahoo Sports – Sports News, Scores, Fantasy Games".
- Call, Jeff (April 30, 2013). "BYU's Bronson Kaufusi caps impressive, busy freshman season".
- "BYU football standout Bronson Kaufusi turns attention to Cougar basketball - KSL.com".
- Call, Jeff (December 27, 2012). "BYU's Bronson Kaufusi going from football to basketball (+video)".
- Gurney, Brandon (March 10, 2014). "BYU football: Bronson Kaufusi excited about switching from defensive end to outside linebacker".
- Herald, Jared Lloyd – Daily. "BYU football: "Skinny Bronson" Kaufusi looking natural at linebacker".
- Call, Jeff (March 7, 2015). "Is BYU's Bronson Kaufusi a linebacker, a D-lineman, or both?".
- Tribune, Jay Drew The Salt Lake. "BYU football: Bronson Kaufusi all smiles about return to defensive end (with video)".
- Nate Cunningham (January 8, 2016). "Bronson Kaufusi accepts invitation to Senior Bowl". universe.BYU.edu. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- Kenny Cox (February 28, 2016). "Kaufusi turning heads at NFL Combine". cougarclub.com. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- Kevin Schaefer (April 28, 2017). "4 reasons BYU fans should follow the 2016 NFL Draft". vanquishthefoe.com. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- Gil Brandt (March 28, 2017). "BYU's Hail Mary hero could be 2016 draft selection". NFL.com. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- "Bronson Kaufusi, DS #9 DE, BYU". nfldraftscout.com. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- Mike Mayock (April 25, 2016). "Mayock's top 100 draft prospect rankings". NFL.com. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles – Bronson Kaufusi". National Football League.
- Mink, Ryan (April 29, 2016). "Round 3: Ravens Draft DE Bronson Kaufusi At No. 70". BaltimoreRavens.com. Retrieved April 11, 2017.
- "Spotrac.com: Bronson Kaufusi contract". spotrac.com. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- "Ourlads.com: Baltimore Ravens' depth chart: 08/01/2016". Ourlads.com. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- Downing, Garrett (August 4, 2016). "Rookie Bronson Kaufusi Breaks Ankle, Done For Season". BaltimoreRavens.com. Retrieved April 11, 2017.
- Mink, Ryan (August 30, 2016). "Ravens Make Final Four Roster Moves To Get To 75". BaltimoreRavens.com.
- "Ourlads.Com: Baltimore Ravens' depth chart: 07/01/2017". ourlads.com. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- Evan Mazza (September 6, 2017). "Baltimore Ravens release Week 1 depth chart". Baltimorebeatdown.com. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- Call, Jeff (August 25, 2015). "Kaufusis keeping it all in the BYU sports family — and cherishing their time together".
- Tribune, Jay Drew The Salt Lake. "BYU football: Kaufusi enjoys coaching one son, watching the other".