Marketing Platform for Commerce
|Headquarters||Durham, North Carolina|
Number of employees
Bronto Software is a cloud-based marketing automation provider based in Durham, North Carolina. Bronto Software provides a marketing platform for online and multi-channel retailers to run email marketing and cross-channel marketing campaigns. The software is delivered through software as a service. The company has over 1300 brands worldwide and it lists among its customers well-known brands like Armani Exchange, Timex, Samsonite, and Gander Mountain. In 2014, Bronto Software took over as the #1 email marketing provider to the Internet Retailer 1000. The platform provider increased count of clients in the index by 25% YOY. Notable Bronto clients in the list include NastyGal, JustFab, Bonobos, CafePress and Boot Barn.
In 2002, Joe Colopy and Chaz Felix founded Bronto Software in Durham, North Carolina. Bronto Software is based in the American Tobacco District of Durham, North Carolina. The company was named after Joe Colopy's childhood interest in dinosaurs. In 2011, Bronto Software significantly expanded its office space in order to accommodate for business growth. In March 2012, Bronto opened an office in London, UK to serve continued growth in Europe. In 2011, Bronto marked record-breaking growth with a 54% increase in revenue and team growth of 40%, finishing the year with 118 employees. In September 2012, Bronto was named the leading self-service email provider, and the second overall leading email service provider,to the Internet Retailer Top 1000. At the conclusion of 2012, Bronto had 152 employees, offices in Durham, NC, US and London, UK. Bronto Software expanded operations in February 2014 by opening an office in Sydney, Australia. On August 13, 2014, Bronto announced that they had doubled their world headquarters at the American Tobacco Campus in Durham, NC, adding 47,000 square feet for a total of 80,000 square feet. According to Bronto CEO, Joe Colopy, "The move reflects our focus on high growth and further supports our goal of remaining one of the preeminent places to work in the Triangle and being a center for software innovation." 
In April 2015, NetSuite signed an agreement to acquire Bronto Software.
Products and Services
The Bronto Marketing Platform includes the ability to visually flowchart integrated cross-channel campaigns, automate the campaigns, and report on the results. The platform lets customers integrate their email, SMS, Twitter, and Facebook campaigns. The platform also includes a complete API for custom integrations as well as a suite of standard integrations with partners like Magento, Omniture, Google, Demandware, MarketLive and other web analytics and e-commerce providers.
Bronto Software hosts an annual multi-day user conference to discuss e-commerce marketing through email, mobile, social campaigns. Traditionally, this event is in mid-April in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, home of the University of North Carolina and nearby to Bronto Software's headquarters. The 2011 event featured keynote presentations from CEO Joe Colopy, COO Chaz Felix, and Sucharita Mulpuru, a principal analyst with Forrester Research. Bronto Summit 2012 featured retail expert Lauren Freedman (The e-tailing group), Anne Holland (Anne Holland Ventures, WhichTestWon), and journalist Ken Magill. Converge on Commerce, Bronto Summit 2013, featured keynotes by CEO Joe Colopy, Bryan Eisenberg and Donna Iucolano.
Bronto Summit 2014 brought together over 300 leading executives, marketers and developers. Keynote speakers included Gary Vaynerchuk, Jamie Clarke, CEO and co-founder of LiveOutThere.com and serial entrepreneurs Tom Lotrecchiano and Joe Schmidt, founders of CanvasOnDemand, among other companies. At the Summit, Bronto announced the launch of its new AppCenter, a collection of well-integrated point applications from leading e-commerce, personalization and analytics providers, all of which connect to the Bronto Marketing Platform and extend its value. The new resource center makes it easy for Bronto customers to find tools to optimize their digital marketing programs and drive more revenue.
NCTA awarded Bronto their Software Company of the Year Award in 2011  and the Triangle Business Journal ranked Bronto #18 on their Fast 50, a list of the fastest growing privately owned companies in the Triangle.
Bronto Software won the Stevie Award for Best Customer Service Department from the American Business Awards in 2009 and 2010. Bronto was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Triangle Business Journal in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014. Bronto Software was a SIIA CODiE Award finalist for Best Marketing Solution in 2011 and 2012, and finalist for Best Marketing Automation Solution in 2014.
- "Jobs! Bronto Software outpaces CEO's hiring projections". Triangle Business Journal.
- "Bronto Software Helps Retailers to Run Email and Cross-Channel Marketing Campaigns".
- "Company Overview Bronto Software".
- "Bronto Software Takes Over #1 Ranking of Email Marketing Providers to the Internet Retailer 1000". Bronto Software. 2014-07-15.
- Vinluan, Frank (2008-09-08). "Durham's Bronto Software takes off". Triangle Business Journal.
- "The Story Behind the Bronto Name".
- "Bronto Gets Bigger Spot in Durham". News and Observer. 2011-05-14.
- "Bronto Software to Open London Office". Triangle Business Journal. 2012-02-2012. Check date values in:
- "Bronto Software Wraps Up 2011 with Record Breaking Growth". Bronto Software. 2011-01-11.
- ["http://bronto.com/company/news/2012/09/bronto-software-named-leading-email-marketing-provider-internet-retailer-top-10 "Bronto Software Named Leading Email Marketing Provider to Internet Retailer Top 1000"]. Bronto Software. 2012-09-05.
- "Bronto Software Closes Stellar 2012". Bronto Software. 2013-01-04.
- "Bronto Software Expands Operations with Australian Office". Bronto Software. 2014-02-10.
- "Bronto Software Doubles Size of Headquarters at Durham’s American Tobacco Campus". Bronto Software.
- Kevin Skurski (2011-05-26). "Bronto Software Releases Major Upgrade to its Marketing Platform". Bronto Software.
- Kevin Skursku (2011-04-29). "Bronto Software Hosts Second Annual User Conference". Bronto Software.
- Bronto Caroline (2013-05-04). ["http://www.brontosummit.com/ "Bronto Summit 2013"]. Bronto Software.
- Bronto Caroline (2014-05-09). "Bronto Summit Showcases Leaders in Commerce Marketing". Bronto Software.
- Bronto Caroline (2014-04-29). "Bronto Software Announces Commerce Marketing AppCenter". Bronto Software.
- "Bronto Software Named to Inc. 5000 List". Bronto Software.
- "Bronto Software Named to Inc 5000 List". Retail Solutions.
- "Bronto Software named to Inc 5000 list". Inc Magazine.
- "Bronto Named to Fast 50 List". Bronto Software.
- "Bronto Software wins Stevie Award for Best Customer Service Department". Business Leader.
- "Stevies Awards for Best Customer Service Department". American Business Awards.
- "Bronto Software Again Named One of the Best Places to Work by Triangle Business Journal". Bronto Software. 2011-10-07.
- "2012 SiiA finalists". Software and Industry Industry Association. 2012-04-01.
- "2014 SiiA finalists". Software and Industry Industry Association. 2014-03-31.