Bronx Community Board 4
|Bronx Community District 4|
|City||New York City|
|• Chair||Kathleen Saunders|
|• District Manager||Paul A. Philps|
|• Total||2.0 sq mi (5 km2)|
|• Density||73,000/sq mi (28,000/km2)|
|• Hispanic and Latino American||58.4%|
|• American Indian or Alaska Native||0.4%|
|ZIP codes||10451, 10452, 10456|
|Area code(s)||718, 347, 929, and 917|
|Police Precinct||44th (website)|
|Commanding Officer||Inspector Martine Materasso|
Bronx Community Board 4 is a local government unit of the City of New York, encompassing the neighborhoods of Mount Eden, Highbridge and Concourse. It is delimited by Webster Avenue and Park Avenue to the east, Washington Bridge and the Cross Bronx Expressway to the north, the Harlem River to the west, and East 149th Street to the south.
Community board staff and membership
The current chairperson of the Bronx Community board 4 is Kathleen Saunders. Its District Manager is Paul A. Philps.
- 8th NYC Council District - Diana Ayala
- 16th NYC Council District - Vanessa Gibson
- 17th NYC Council District - Rafael Salamanca
As of the United States 2010 Census, the Community Board has a population of 146,441, up from 119,962 in 1990 and 114,309 in 1980. Of them, 81,505 (58.4%) are of Hispanic origin, 50,416 (36.1%) are Black, non-Hispanic, 2,020 (1.4%) are White, non-Hispanic, 1,984 (1.4%) are Asian or Pacific Islander, 489 (0.4%) American Indian or Alaska Native, 777 (0.6%) are some other race (non-Hispanic), and 2,372 (1.7%) of two or more races (non-Hispanic).
- "bx04_profile.pdf" (PDF). docs.google.com. NYC Department of Planning. Retrieved 25 March 2018.
- "NYC Planning | Community Profiles". communityprofiles.planning.nyc.gov. Retrieved 25 March 2018.
- New York City Charter § 2800(a)
- "Council Members & Districts". New York City Council. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
|This New York City–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|