This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||March 1987 (age 32)|
Shaden was raised in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and graduated from Temple University with bachelor's degrees in Film and English. She began her photography career in Los Angeles, CA creating self-portraits.
At 24, she was the youngest artist in The Annenberg Space for Photography's "Digital Darkroom" exhibition of the work of 17 artists that explored the intersection of art and technology. She has been a guest instructor on the CreativeLIVE website. In January 2014 CreativeLIVE created "The Brooke Shaden Contest" where contestants enter their photo portfolios and answer an essay question to compete for a spot in her 'Master Your Craft' photography workshop in addition to a half day shooting on location with her, rental photo gear from LensProToGo (up to $10K), airfare to Seattle ($500), and three nights stay in Seattle ($264). Shaden is the co-host of The Framed Network's series "The Concept" (a series of shows on YouTube) with fashion photographer Lindsay Adler and hosted her own feature episode "The Brooke Shaden Challenge". She is the author of Inspiration in Photography: Training your mind to make great art a habit published in 2013 by Focal Press.
In 2010 Shaden exhibited "The Re-Imaging of Ophelia" (10 images) at the JoAnne Artman Gallery that commercially represents her, with Katie Johnson cast in the title role. The first image "Jumping In" was used as cover art for Dot Hutchison's young adult novel A Wounded Name.
In 2011 Shaden's semi-self portrait "Running from Wind" was one of eight photographs chosen by Ron Howard that would inspire his and Bryce Dallas Howard's short film Imagin8ion. Shaden spoke, along with others, in the keynote for the 'Photoshop World' conference and expo in Las Vegas in 2013.
- "Spotlights - Brooke Shaden". Photoshop. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
At 24, she was the youngest artist in the “Digital Darkroom” exhibit at the Annenberg Space for Photography.
- "Digital Darkroom". The Annenberg Space for Photography. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
Digital Darkroom features the work of 17 artists from around the world that explore the intersection of art and technology. The exhibit features the work of: ... Brooke Shaden
- "CreativeLIVE, Brooke Shaden". creativelive.com. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "CreativeLIVE, Brooke Shaden Contest". creativelive.com. Archived from the original on 2014-01-12. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "The Concept". The Framed Network. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "Season3, Episode 3: The Brooke Shaden Challenge". The Framed Network. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "So What Did You Think of the Cover?". Dot Hutchinson.
Massive congratulations and much gratitude to jacket designer Emily Harris, photographer Brooke Shaden, and model Katie Johnson for such an incredible photo.
- "A Wounded Name, Dot Hutchison". barnesandnoble.com. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- Planetmitch, "Ron Howard picks 8 photos that will inspire the HDSLR Project Imagin8ion", Planet 5D blog, August 5, 2011.
- "Young Photographer Earns International Reputation". lancasteronline.com. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "Customer Engagement in Focus at Photoshop World 2013". Photoshop. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
For the first time at Photoshop World, we invited an artist to take the stage to inspire the passionate Photoshop community. The highly talented Brooke Shaden shared reasons to be true to your own photography style and workflow.