Brookfield Township, Trumbull County, Ohio
|Brookfield Township, Trumbull County, Ohio|
The village green at Brookfield Center
Location of Brookfield Township in Trumbull County
|• Total||24.7 sq mi (63.9 km2)|
|• Land||24.6 sq mi (63.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,063 ft (324 m)|
|• Density||407.4/sq mi (157.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||330, 234|
|GNIS feature ID||1087026|
Brookfield Township is one of the twenty-four townships of Trumbull County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 10,020 people in the township, 9,921 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the Southeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships and city:
- Hartford Township - north
- South Pymatuning Township, Mercer County, Pennsylvania - northeast
- Hermitage, Pennsylvania - east
- Hubbard Township - south
- Liberty Township - southwest corner
- Vienna Township - west
- Fowler Township - northwest corner
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Brookfield Township is located in Noble County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Trumbull County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Yankee Run Golf Course
- "Yankee Run Awards & Accolades". Yankee Run Golf Course. Yankee Run Golf Course. Retrieved 30 April 2016.