Brookfield Infrastructure Partners
|Traded as||NYSE: BIP
|Industry||Infrastructure asset management|
|Founded||Hamilton, Bermuda (January 14, 2008)|
|Samuel Pollock (CEO)|
|Revenue||US$1.63 billion (2011)|
|US$549 million (2011)|
|Profit||US$187 million (2011)|
|Total assets||US$13.3 billion (2011)|
|Total equity||US$648 million (2011)|
|Parent||Brookfield Asset Management|
|Footnotes / references
Brookfield Infrastructure Partners is a publicly traded limited partnership headquartered in Hamilton (Bermuda), that engages in the acquisition and management of infrastructure assets on a global basis.
Until a spin-off in January 2008, Brookfield Infrastructure was an operating unit of Brookfield Asset Management, which retains a 41% ownership and acts as the partnership's general manager. The company's assets carried a book value of $3.38 billion US$, in February 2011.
After the spin-off from Brookfield Asset Management, Brookfield Infrastructure only operated timber properties and electricity transmission lines; in September 2008, the company announced it would expand and diversify its global operations by buying infrastructure holdings from distressed Babcock & Brown, thus adding approximately US$8 billion of assets under management.
In February 2011, the company owned and managed the following assets:
|Australia||Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal||Ports||71%|
|Australia||Tasmanian Gas Network||Energy||100%|
|Australia||Brookfield Rail||Rail transport||100%|
|Canada||Ontario Transmission||Energy Transmission||100%|
|USA||Hydro Kennebec||Renewable energy||30%|
|USA||Natural Gas Pipeline Company of America||Pipeline transport||25%|
- "Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P. (BIP)". Yahoo! Finance.
- "Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P. - Company Profile". Reuters. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- "Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P. - Company Snapshot". CorporateInformation.com. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- "Brookfield Asset Management Completes Spin-Off of Brookfield Infrastructure Partners". Brookfield Asset Management. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- Schnurr, Leah (3 January 2008). "Brookfield Asset sets date for infrastructure spinoff". Reuters. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- "February 2011 Investor presentation" (PDF). Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- "Brookfield Asset Management and Brookfield Infrastructure Partners Completes Recapitalization of Babcock & Brown Infrastructure". Marketwire. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- Lindsay, Bill (9 October 2009). "Babcock & Brown Infrastructure Sets Plan". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- "Brookfield Infrastructure Announces Closing of Merger with Prime Infrastructure And Implementation of Normal Course Issuer Bid". Retrieved 24 February 2011.
- "Operations". Brookfield Infrastructure Partners. Retrieved 24 February 2011.