|Industry||Real Estate Development, Construction|
|Headquarters||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Alan Norris, President & Chief Executive Officer|
|Total assets||$3.4 billion|
|Total equity||$1.6 billion|
Number of employees
|Parent||Brookfield Asset Management|
Brookfield Residential Properties Inc. is a land developer and homebuilder in North America with its headquarters in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The company entitles and develops land to create master planned communities; builds and sells lots to third-party developers as well as their own home building division. The company also participates in select, strategic real estate opportunities including infill projects, mixed use developments, and joint ventures. As of December 31, 2011, it controls over 100,000 lots and operates in the following markets: Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Austin, Denver, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Diego, and Washington D.C. area.
Brookfield Residential Properties Inc. was formed on March 31, 2011, upon the completion of a merger that combines Brookfield Homes Corporation with the residential group of Brookfield Office Properties consisting of Carma Developers and Brookfield Homes (Ontario) Limited. On March 13, 2015, Brookfield Asset Management and Brookfield Residential Properties Inc. announced the closing of the going private transaction of Brookfield Residential as a result of the 32.4 million common shares of Brookfield Residential acquired by Brookfield Asset Management.
- Brookfield Residential. "2014 Annual Report" (PDF).
- Brookfield Residential. "2013 Annual Report" (PDF).
- Myke Thomas (April 4, 2011). "Merger makes Brookfield a real estate titan". Calgary Sun. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- Market Wired (March 13, 2015). "Brookfield Asset Management Closes Going Private Transaction of Brookfield Residential". Retrieved March 27, 2015.
- "Brookfield Residential Properties Inc. Completes Annual Filings" (Press release). Brookfield Residential Properties Inc. February 17, 2012. Retrieved April 4, 2012.