Brookfield Township, Noble County, Ohio
|Brookfield Township, Noble County, Ohio|
Barn on State Route 340
Location of Brookfield Township in Noble County
|• Total||30.5 sq mi (79.1 km2)|
|• Land||29.8 sq mi (77.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.7 sq mi (1.8 km2)|
|Elevation||935 ft (285 m)|
|• Density||4.0/sq mi (1.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086740|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Spencer Township, Guernsey County - north
- Noble Township - east
- Sharon Township - southeast
- Manchester Township, Morgan County - south
- Bristol Township, Morgan County - southwest corner
- Meigs Township, Muskingum County - west
- Rich Hill Township, Muskingum County - northwest corner
The most westerly township in Noble County, it is the only county township to border Morgan County.
No municipalities are located in Brookfield Township.
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Brookfield Township is located in Trumbull County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Noble County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.