This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|MARTA rapid transit station|
|Location||4047 Peachtree Road NE|
Brookhaven, Georgia 30319
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Connections||MARTA Bus: 8, 25, 47, 110|
|Bicycle facilities||18 spaces|
|Opened||December 15, 1984|
|Previous names||Brookhaven (1984-1995)|
Brookhaven/Oglethorpe (originally Brookhaven) is a train station in Brookhaven, Georgia, on the Gold Line of the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) rail system. An elevated station, it is located one mile south of Oglethorpe University. The station provides connecting bus service to North Druid Hills, Toco Hills, North DeKalb Mall, the Peachtree Boulevard business district, and the Georgia Department of Labor.
|Westbound||← Gold Line toward Airport (Lenox)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Eastbound||→ Gold Line toward Doraville (Chamblee) →|
|G||Street Level||Entrance/Exit, station house|
Brookhaven/Oglethorpe has 1,252 daily and long term parking spaces available for MARTA users, located in paved parking lots.
MARTA and the City of Brookhaven planned to build a transit-oriented "city center" on the station's parking lot in 2014. The proposal entailed a development composed of mixed uses, offices, retailers, and civic and public space. The project was canceled in early 2017, after plans by Brookhaven's mayor to suspend their work on the project and delay rezoning and tax incentives for the property's development.
Landmarks and popular destinations
The station is served by the following MARTA bus routes:
- Route 8 - North Druid Hills Road
- Route 25 - Peachtree Industrial Boulevard
- Route 47 - I-85 Access Road / Briarwood Road
- Route 110 - Peachtree Road / Buckhead
- "Brookhaven-Oglethorpe MARTA Station announced for redevelopment". Brookhaven Post. August 12, 2014.
- "MARTA's proposed Brookhaven Station development offers challenges, report says". Saporta Report. September 3, 2014.
- Wickert, David; Niesse, Mark (February 3, 2017). "MARTA calls off major Brookhaven development". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved February 5, 2017.
|This Atlanta, Georgia–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to rapid transit systems in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Georgia (U.S. state) train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|