Brooklawn Public School District
|Brooklawn Public School District|
|301 Haakon Road
Brooklawn, NJ 08030
|Grades||pre-K to 8|
|Superintendent||Dr. John Kellmayer|
|Business administrator||Robert Delengowski (interim)|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||342 (as of 2013-14)|
|District Factor Group||B|
The Brooklawn Public School District is a community public school district that serves public school students in pre-Kindergarten through eighth grade from Brooklawn, in Camden County, New Jersey, United States.
The district participates in the Interdistrict Public School Choice Program at Alice Costello School, having been approved in July 2001 to participate in the program. Seats in the program for non-resident students are specified by the district and are allocated by lottery, with tuition paid for participating students by the New Jersey Department of Education.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "B", the second lowest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
For ninth through twelfth grades, public school students attend Gloucester City Junior-Senior High School in Gloucester City as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Gloucester City Public Schools. As of the 2013-14 school year, the high school had a total enrollment in grades 7-12 of 804 students and 84.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 9.6:1.
- Alice Costello School had an enrollment of 342 students as of the 2013-14 school year.
- Dr. John Kellmayer, Superintendent
- Robert Delengowski, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for Brooklawn School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 9, 2016.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Interdistrict Public School Choice Program: Approved Choice Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 19, 2008.
- Interdistrict Public School Choice Program, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 9, 2016.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 7, 2014.
- Graham, Kristen A. "BROOKLAWN CONSIDERS FINDING NEW DISTRICT FOR HIGH SCHOOL PUPILS", The Philadelphia Inquirer, March 16, 2001. Accessed June 19, 2008. "The tiny Brooklawn system, comprising just over 300 students and one school, sends about 80 ninth through 12th graders to the neighboring Gloucester City district, which has more than 2,000 students and four schools."
- School Data for Gloucester City Jr. Sr. High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed May 26, 2016.
- School Data for the Brooklawn Public School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 9, 2016.
- Board of Education, Brooklawn School District. Accessed August 30, 2014.
- New Jersey School Directory for Camden County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed August 30, 2014.
- Brooklawn Public School District
- Brooklawn Public School District's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the Brooklawn Public School District, National Center for Education Statistics