Brooklee Han at the 2013 Nebelhorn Trophy
July 6, 1995 |
Beverly, Massachusetts, United States
|Home town||Redding, Connecticut, United States|
|Height||150 cm (4 ft 11 in)|
|Skating club||Ice House FSC
|ISU personal best scores|
2013 Volvo Open Cup
2013 Volvo Open Cup
2014 Skate America
Brooklee Han began skating at age five in Brewster, New York. Serhii Vaypan became her coach in 2007. Han has trained at the Newington Arena in Newington, Connecticut, the International Skating Center of Connecticut in Simsbury, Connecticut, and Medibank Icehouse in Melbourne, Victoria.
The 2013 Nebelhorn Trophy was the qualifying competition for the 2014 Winter Olympics for countries which had not qualified an entry in a figure skating discipline at the 2013 Worlds. In August 2013, Australian skater Chantelle Kerry argued before the Australian Court of Arbitration for Sport that Han should not compete at Nebelhorn Trophy because she did not compete at the inaugural Skate Down Under competition, which was used as the Australian qualification event to select skaters for the Nebelhorn Trophy. That claim was rejected and Han was selected to compete. Han finished fifth at the Nebelhorn Trophy and, as a result of her placement, Australia received one of the six remaining ladies' spots to the Olympics.
The dispute over the Olympic berth continued with claims that Han became ineligible after competing at a club event in America without the approval of the national federation. The Court of Arbitration for Sport heard the case in December 2013. Despite the court ruling that Han's participation could have led to her becoming ineligible, previous communications between the skater and Ice Skating Australia (ISA) showed that ISA had no objections to her competing in the event. The claim was ultimately rejected and Han was confirmed as Australia's ladies' representative at the Olympics. Han later finished 20th at the Olympics and 19th at the 2014 World Championships.
On June 27, 2014, Han was selected to compete at 2014 Skate America, the first of six competitions in the 2014–15 Grand Prix series. After another skater withdrew, she was given a spot to 2014 Skate Canada International. Han finished 10th and 8th place respectively.
Brooklee Han was born in Beverly, Massachusetts. In 2013, she graduated from Joel Barlow High School in Redding, Connecticut. She was accepted into Wesleyan University and decided to study part-time in the Olympic season. Her father is Australian.
Born to parents who were both equestrians, Han has also competed in dressage and eventing. She began playing the violin at age five. She started a community orchestra in her town and volunteers teaching violin to grade school students.
|Season||Short program||Free skating|
|GP Skate America||10th|
|GP Skate Canada||8th|
|CS U.S. Classic||6th|
|JGP Czech Rep.||11th|
|Bavarian Open||2nd J.|
|J. = Junior level; WD = Withdrew|
- Renner, Tom (February 4, 2013). "Redding's Brooklee Han Aims To Skate In Sochi Olympics". The Daily Voice.
- Han, Brooklee (April 17, 2013). "Brooklee Han takes flight: Blog". Olympics.com.au.
- Cullen, Glenn (December 3, 2013). "Aust figure skating Olympic berth appeal". Australian Associated Press (Yahoo).
- Jeffery, Nicole (December 5, 2013). "Bittersweet result for Sochi skate selection". The Australian.
- Wheeler, Alice (September 28, 2013). "Brooklee Han secures Olympic quota place". Official Site of the 2014 Australian Olympic Team. Retrieved September 28, 2013.
- Cullen, Glenn (19 December 2013). "Australian skater loses Olympic appeal". NineMsn. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Brooklee HAN: 2013/2014". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on June 22, 2014.
- "Brooklee Han". Australian Olympic Committee. Archived from the original on July 6, 2014.
- "Redding's Brooklee Han Skates Closer To Olympic Dream". Daily Voice. September 28, 2013.
- Renner, Tom (November 29, 2013). "Redding Skater Awaits Word On Olympic Bid From Australia". Daily Voice.
- Polansky, Jay (August 25, 2015). "Redding Figure Skater Keeps Sights Set On College, Olympics". Daily Voice.
- "Brooklee HAN: 2014/2015". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on September 26, 2014.
- "Brooklee HAN". Organizing Committee of the XXII Olympic Winter Games. Archived from the original on March 20, 2014.
- "Brooklee HAN: 2012/2013". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on April 18, 2013.
- "Brooklee HAN: 2011/2012". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on April 27, 2012.
- "Brooklee HAN: 2010/2011". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on August 16, 2011.
- "Competition Results: Brooklee HAN". International Skating Union.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brooklee Han.|