Brooklyn Community Board 9
Brooklyn Community Board 9 is a New York City community board that encompasses the Brooklyn neighborhoods of Crown Heights, Prospect Lefferts Gardens, and Wingate. It is delimited by Ocean Avenue and Flatbush Avenue on the west, Eastern Parkway on the north, Rochester, East New York and Utica Avenues on the east, as well as by Clarkson Avenue on the south.
As of the 2000 US Census, the Community Board oversaw a population of 104,014, down from 110,715 in 1990 but up from 96,667 in 1980. Of them (as of 2000), 79,466 (76.4%) are African-American, 11,733 (11.3%) are White non Hispanic, 8,581 (8.2%) of Hispanic origins, 2,416 (2.3%) of two or more race, 819 (0.8%) Asian or Pacific Islander, 816 (0.8%) of some other race, and 183 (0.2%) American Indian or Native Alaskan,. 36.4% of the population benefit from public assistance as of 2004, up from 20.8% in 2000. The land area is 1,002.7 acres (4.058 km2).
- "About Us". Brooklyn Community Board 9. Retrieved 2014-09-30.
- De La Hoz, Felipe (May 5, 2015). "Gentrification: This Brooklyn Activist Is Making Life Hell for Her Community Board".
- Profile of the Community Board (PDF)
- Official website of the Community Board
- Brooklyn neighborhood map
|This New York City–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|