Decker in May 2012
Brooklyn Danielle Decker
April 12, 1987
Kettering, Ohio, U.S.
|Other names||Brooklyn Roddick|
Andy Roddick (m. 2009)
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
Brooklyn Danielle Decker Roddick (born April 12, 1987) is an American model and actress best known for her appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, including the cover of the 2010 issue. In addition to working for Victoria's Secret for the 2010 "Swim" collection, she has ventured into television with guest appearances on Chuck, Ugly Betty, The League, and Royal Pains. She made her feature film debut in Just Go with It, and later starred in Battleship and What to Expect When You're Expecting. Decker is married to former tennis player Andy Roddick.
Decker was born in Kettering, Ohio, the daughter of Tessa (née Moore), a nurse, and Stephen Decker, a pacemaker salesman. She has a younger brother, Jordan. She and her family moved to Middletown, Ohio, then to Matthews, North Carolina, a suburb of Charlotte.
Decker was discovered in a Charlotte shopping mall as a teenager, and began her modeling career as the face of Mauri Simone, a prom dress maker. She won the 2003 Model of the Year award at the Connections Model and Talent Convention.
|Decker's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover from February 12, 2010|
Decker has been featured in pictorials in Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, FHM, and Glamour, and has modeled for The Gap, Intimissimi and Victoria's Secret. She has appeared in music videos for Jimmy Buffett and the band 3 Doors Down. She is also an avid North Carolina Tar Heels basketball and Carolina Panthers fan.
In 2005, within two months of moving to New York City, Decker auditioned for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, in which she first appeared in 2006. She was again featured in the 2007 edition, and hosted the 2007 behind-the-scenes television special. She returned for a third consecutive time in 2008. Decker was chosen cover girl for the 2010 edition, shot on location in the Maldives islands. In 2007, she had a recurring feature on the CNN/SI website called "She Says, Z Says," along with Paul Zimmerman, discussing NFL football games of the week. Decker appeared in the 2007 made-for-television Lipshitz Saves the World. She worked for a period in Australia. She joined the cast of Sports New York to discuss the 2010 NCAA basketball tournament. In 2008, Decker rang the New York Stock Exchange bell with other Sports Illustrated models.
Decker made a guest appearance on NBC's Chuck, where she played a model applying to be a "Buy More Girl." She made a guest appearance on USA Network's Royal Pains on July 30, 2009. Decker played swimsuit model Rachel, while Peter Jacobson played Alan, her nebbish husband.
On February 8, 2010, David Letterman announced on Late Show with David Letterman that Decker had been chosen as the 2010 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit covermodel. Calling her selection "the news of a lifetime," Decker admitted that her mother cried when she heard her daughter would grace the cover.
Decker served as a guest judge in the 5th cycle from Germany's Next Topmodel. She was reportedly considered for the lead female role in Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Decker won Esquire magazine's 2010 "Sexiest Woman Alive" bracket challenge.
In 2011, Decker was cast as the female lead, Samantha Shane, daughter of a naval officer who works as a physical therapist, in the film Battleship, which was based on the board game of the same name. The role allowed her to spend some time with the Wounded Warriors Project. She also traveled to medical hospitals in Pearl Harbor and San Antonio and worked with troops who came back injured from overseas. She was also part of the ensemble cast of the comedy What to Expect When You're Expecting (2012), based on the book of the same name. She played the wife of Dennis Quaid's character.
Decker began dating U.S. tennis player Andy Roddick in 2007 and became engaged in March 2008. The couple wed on April 17, 2009, and began residing in Roddick's home town of Austin, Texas. The couple have a son born in September 2015 and a daughter born in November 2017.
|2006||The Devil Wears Prada||Paris Model||Uncredited|
|2011||Just Go with It||Palmer Dodge|
|2012||Battleship||Samantha "Sam" Shane|
|2012||What to Expect When You're Expecting||Skyler Cooper|
|2016||Casual Encounters||Laura Leonard|
|2018||Support the Girls||Kara|
|2007||Lipshitz Saves the World||Rebecca Fellini||Unsold TV pilot|
|2009||Chuck||Job applicant||Episode: "Chuck Versus the Beefcake"|
|2009||Royal Pains||Rachel Ryder||Episode: "The Honeymoon's Over"|
|2009||Ugly Betty||Lexie||Episode: "The Wiener, the Bun and the Boob"|
|2012||The League||Gina Gibiatti||Episodes: "Our Dinner with Andre", "12.12.12", "The Curse of Shiva"|
|2013||New Girl||Holly||Episode: "Cooler"|
|2014||Friends with Better Lives||Jules Talley||Main role (13 episodes)|
|2015–present||Grace and Frankie||Mallory Hanson||Series regular|
|List of awards and nominations|
|2011||Teen Choice Award||Choice Movie Breakout: Female||Just Go with It||Won|
|2012||Razzie Award||Worst Screen Couple Shared with Adam Sandler and EITHER Decker OR Jennifer Aniston||Nominated|
|2013||Razzie Award||Worst Supporting Actress||Battleship
What to Expect When You're Expecting
- "Brooklyn Decker profile". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved June 21, 2012.
- "V2 | heft|ig magazin". Heftig-magazin.de. October 17, 2008. Retrieved September 23, 2011.
- Kiesewetter, John (February 20, 2006). "SI model mystery solved". Cincinnati Enquirer. Retrieved September 23, 2011.
Brook was born in Kettering — not Middletown, as SI says — in 1987. The Deckers lived in West Carrollton, and some with her parents in West Middletown, for about a year, then left town. 'Middletown is what she remembers,' mom says.
- "Dayton, Ohio, news and information". MiddletownJournal. Archived from the original on September 27, 2011. Retrieved September 23, 2011.
- Janes, Théoden (February 10, 2010). "Brooklyn Decker's biggest splash". The Charlotte Observer. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- "profile". Askmen.com. August 3, 1987. Archived from the original on February 16, 2011. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- "2006 Swimsuit: Brooklyn Decker". SI.com. February 14, 2006. Retrieved January 13, 2007.
- "Brooklyn Decker". IMDb.
- "Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker get engaged". Showhype.com. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- "profile". Nymag.com. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- Matt Mitovich (June 23, 2009). "Exclusive: House Doc and Swimsuit Model Feel the Pains". TV Guide Online. Retrieved June 24, 2009.
- Strzemien, Anya (February 9, 2010). "Brooklyn Decker SI Swimsuit Issue Cover PHOTO REVEALED". Huffington Post. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- "Brooklyn Decker (Photos) Mom Cried Over SI Swimsuit Cover". National Ledger. February 10, 2010. Archived from the original on February 13, 2010. Retrieved February 10, 2010.
- Fleming, Mike (May 25, 2010). "Megan Fox's 'T3? Replacement Down To Three Candidates, One Front-Runner –". Deadline.com. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- Brooklyn Decker Is Your 2010 Sexiest Woman Alive Archived December 30, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. Esquire magazine. Retrieved June 17, 2010.
- Evry, Max (January 5, 2011). "25 Breakout Stars to Watch for in 2011". Next Movie. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- Ford, Rebecca (May 15, 2012). "Brooklyn Decker on Her Acting Career: 'I'm Still Studying to Get Better'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 27, 2012.
- "Dennis Quaid to star opposite Brooklyn Decker in new rom-com". Musicrooms.net. July 20, 2011. Archived from the original on April 6, 2012. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- "The 100 Hottest Women of All-Time". Men's Health. 2011. Retrieved January 3, 2012.
- "The WAGS of the U.S. Open". Maxim magazine. September 2010. page 38
- Triggs, Charlotte (April 17, 2009). "Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker Tie the Knot". People. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- "Brooklyn Decker Welcomes Baby Boy With Husband Andy Roddick". Us Weekly. October 4, 2015. Retrieved February 1, 2019.
- Lupo, Marc (January 3, 2018). "Brookly Decker Welcomes Second Child With Andy Roddick". US Weekly. Retrieved February 1, 2019.
- O'Brien, Klye (May 14, 2018). "Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker are enamored with lunchmeats in Dietz & Watson campaign". The Drum. Retrieved September 27, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brooklyn Decker.|