|Born||1986/1987 (age 27–28)|
|Current group||The Washington Ballet|
|Former groups||Orlando Ballet|
Raised in Elgin, South Carolina, Mack began ballet training to improve his football playing when he was 12 years old. He started his studies at the Pavlovich Dance School in Columbia, South Carolina. Two years later, at the age of 15, began training in Washington, D.C. on a full scholarship with the Kirov Academy of Ballet. He graduated from Kirov after three years, then joined the Joffrey Ballet in Chicago as an apprentice in 2004. The following year he joined the American Ballet Theatre Studio Company in New York City.
In 2006, Mack joined the Orlando Ballet in Florida,. After three seasons in Orlando, he joined The Washington Ballet in 2009. His international performances include Venezuela's Ballet Clasico de Camara, the Latvian National Ballet, and Japan's NBA Ballet Company.
Mack has received awards from the 2005 Helsinki International Ballet Competition (Kirsti Paakenen Encouragement Prize), the 2006 USA International Ballet Competition in Jackson, Mississippi (silver medal), the 2007 Princess Grace Awards (fellowship winner), the 2009 Helsinki International Ballet Competition (silver prize), the 2011 Boston International Ballet Competition (bronze medal and Marius Leipa Prize), and the 2011 Korean International Dance Competition (silver medal).
- Taylor, Otis R. (January 17, 2010). "The color of dance: Elgin native overcomes stereotypes to perform on the world stage of ballet". The State (South Carolina). Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Brooklyn Mack". The Washington Ballet. 2011-2012 season. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "25 to Watch". Dance Magazine. January 2012. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Dancers". Columbia Classical Ballet. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Company Apprentices: Brooklyn Mack". Joffrey Ballet. Archived from the original on November 22, 2004. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Dancers: Studio Company: Brooklyn Mack". American Ballet Theatre. Archived from the original on July 21, 2006. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Company Artists". Orlando Ballet. Archived from the original on December 18, 2006. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Brooklyn Mack, 2007 Dance Fellowship - Ballet". Princess Grace Foundation-USA. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- Cook, Dan (July 7, 2009). "High-Stakes Gamble Pays Off for Local Dancer: Brooklyn Mack Wins Silver Medal in Helsinki". Free Times (Columbia, South Carolina). Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Athlete turned dancer to compete". The Columbia Star (Columbia, South Carolina). June 2, 2006.
- "Getting to Know Brooklyn Mack and Evan Lysacek" (video). 1st Look (LXTV).
- Brooklyn Mack from Ball Player to Ballet Star (audio). Tell Me More.