|Founder||Daniel Stedman, Scott Stedman|
|First issue||Spring 2011|
|Company||Northside Media Group|
Brooklyn Magazine was founded by Northside Media Group (brothers Scott and Daniel Stedman, the same team behind the popular free alt-weekly L Magazine. Its editor-in-chief is Mike Conklin and it shares most of its staff with The L. Its first issue landed in the Spring of 2011. In June 2012, Northside Media Group re-launched the magazine's website. In addition to what has appeared in print, BKmag.com features web-only content, including blogs for Food and Style and Brooklyn Abridged, a comprehensive news feed for the borough. In September 2012 the website launched a special online-only issue dedicated to Brooklyn literature to coincide with the Brooklyn Book Festival. The magazine ran into financial difficulties in 2018, and ceased producing a print version, though its Web site continues. 
Brooklyn Magazine's first cover star was Boardwalk Empire's Michael Pitt. Subsequent covers have featured other Brooklynites of note, such as Emily Mortimer, David Cross and Olivia Thirlby.
- "Brooklyn Life Abound Noticed". The New York Times. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- Stoeffel, Kat. "'New Yorker' Writers Are 'Brooklyn' Writers Too! The Self-Loathing Gentrifier and Friends Launch Borough Glossy". Observer. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Regional magazine for Brooklyn dwellers launched this week - inVocus Media Blog". Vocus.com. 2011-03-18. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "The Essential Guide to Brooklyn Literature in 2012 | Features | Brooklyn Magazine". Bkmag.com. 2012-09-20. Archived from the original on 2012-09-22. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Brooklyn Magazine Owner Owes Freelancers Thousands: Williamsburgh Greenpoint Patch". 2018-07-13. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- "a forgotten asteroid: michael pitt for brooklyn magazine". B612-austin.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Portroids: Portroid in Brooklyn Magazine!". Portroids.blogspot.com. 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "David Cross Interview with Brooklyn Magazine". SwipeLife. 2012-04-04. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Olivia Thirlby Interview for Brooklyn Magazine". SwipeLife. 2012-01-05. Retrieved 2013-08-17.