Brooklyn Music School
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Brooklyn Music School is a community school for the performing arts in the Fort Greene neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York. The school was founded in 1912 as the Brooklyn Music School Settlement. It owns and operates a four-story building located at 126 St. Felix St. that contains twenty-four classrooms, three dance studios, and a 266-seat Spanish Style theatre. The Brooklyn Music School is a long-standing member of the National Guild of Community Schools of the Arts.
The Brooklyn Music School Playhouse was also the home of the Little Theatre Opera company in the 1920s. From 2011 until 2018, it was the home of Science, Language & Arts International School (SLA), a French and Mandarin immersion science- and arts-based elementary school.
- "The Brooklyn Music School - Dance and Music Lessons for All, in ..." brooklynmusicschool.org. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Brooklyn Music School". yelp.com. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "BROOKLYN MUSIC SCHOOL". angieslist.com. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Brooklyn Music School". volunteermatch.org. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Brooklyn Music School". igokids.com. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- Official website
- NYC Arts Write-Up
- Brooklyn Arts Council (Brooklyn Music Playhouse). .
- Little Theatre Opera (San Jose News). .
- Science, Language & Arts International School (SLA). .