Brooklyn Township, Lee County, Illinois
Location in Lee County
Lee County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Supervisor||Geraldine K. Neal|
|• Total||36.23 sq mi (93.8 km2)|
|• Land||36.22 sq mi (93.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||922 ft (281 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||21.9/sq mi (8.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
61318, 61342, 61353, 61378
Brooklyn Township is one of twenty-two townships in Lee County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 793 and it contained 358 housing units. In September 1858, Reynolds Township was formed from part of Brooklyn Township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.23 square miles (93.8 km2), of which 36.22 square miles (93.8 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- The Burg at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Melugin Grove at
(This town is listed as "historical" by the USGS.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Brooklyn, Brooklyn Lutheran, Saint Mary's and Union.
Airports and landing strips
- Earl Barnickel Airport
- Gehant Airport
- W Davis Airport
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Lee Center Community Unit School District 271
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 90
- State Senate District 45
- "Brooklyn Township, Lee County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-11-21.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.