The entrance to the Brookside Theatre
|Location||Romford, Greater London
The theatre was established in 2012 and plays host to many full scale theatre productions; musicals and plays, tribute bands, live music, comedy and celebrity guests and was recently heralded as "Romford's best kept secret".
The Theatre staged its first production in 2012; Shout! The Mod Musical, to raise money for the much needed renovation of the neglected war memorial buildings.
Over the last 3 years, the popularity of the venue has continued to grow and, in 2014, welcomed over 7000 people.
As well as producing in-house shows which have included Avenue Q, The Woman in Black, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, The Addams Family and All the Fun of the Fair, the theatre now plays host to touring plays, top tribute acts, concerts, comedy evenings and celebrity guests appearances.
The theatre and the war memorial renovation is a completely self-funded project that relies on the generosity and kindness of local companies and organisations and the support of the local community as well as the dedication of its volunteers.
The following celebrities and bands have performed at the theatre:
- Derek Acorah 
- Steve Brookstein 
- CJ De Mooi 
- Peter Dean 
- Richard Digance 
- Mary Duff 
- Dominic Kirwan 
- Nicki French 
- Anita Harris 
- Chas Hodges 
- Jimmy Jones 
- Tony Stockwell
- The Honeycombs 
Romford War Memorial
These historic buildings were officially opened on 11 October 1953, by Lt.-Col Sir Francis Whitmore the Lord Lieutenant of Essex, to commemorate residents, civilians and service personnel of the Borough of Romford, who lost their lives during World War II.
This once popular community hall and memorial, fell into severe neglect with one of the buildings boarded up well over two decades ago – this building houses commemorative oak panels engraved with the names of the fallen; a donation from the USAF in recognition of the hospitality they received whilst stationed here during the war. Following the construction of a ring road around this historic market town, in the early 1970s, large office blocks were erected, engulfing the memorial which was soon, sadly forgotten.
Alleged paranormal activity
- "Brookside Theatre - Schedule of events (Jan-June 2015)" (PDF). Havering Council. p. 3. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Now on to Romford for tonight's show at the Brookside Theatre". Twitter. 27 March 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Wilkin, Andy (25 November 2014). "The first x-factor winner, Steve Brookstein performs live at the Brookside theatre". Hornchurchlife. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "EGGHEADS' CJ de Mool to Star in Brookside Theatre's THE PIRATES OF PENZANCE, Sept 24-Oct 6". Broadway World. 9 September 2012. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Hornchurch author takes on Brookside panto in Romford". Romford Recorder. 22 November 2014. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Brookside Theatre - Schedule of events (Jan-June 2015)" (PDF). Havering Council. p. 4. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Back on tour tonight with @DominicKirwan at The Lights, Andover and Thurs at Brookside Theatre Romford". Twitter. 6 May 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Our hosts: Nicki French (UK 2000) and Paddy O'Connell". London Eurovision. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Nair, Ajay (18 January 2015). "Jerry Lee Lewis tribute act to shake up Brookside Theatre". Romford Recorder. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
He added: “It’s a really lovely theatre too – I performed at the Brookside with Anita Harris last year, which was great.”
- Richards, Lee-Ann (4 June 2013). "Chas Hodges to perform at the Brookside Theatre, Romford". Romford Recorder. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Brookside Theatre - Schedule of events (Jan-June 2015)" (PDF). Havering Council. p. 1. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Jimmy Jones is back in town!". The Enquirer. 8 January 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Wilkin, Andy (1 January 2015). "Comedy Legend takes to the stage at The Brookside Theatre". Hornchurchlife. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Honeycombs have the right to celebrate with a few dates". Beat Magazine. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Is this theatre haunted?". Daily Mail. 29 July 2014. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "'Ghosts' caught on CCTV at English theatre". Breaking News Ireland. 29 July 2014. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "Tétrico: Aseguran haber grabado a un fantasma en teatro inglés Fuente: El Dínamo http://www.eldinamo.cl/2014/07/29/video-tetrico-aseguran-haber-grabado-a-un-fantasma-en-teatro-ingles/". El Dinamo. 29 July 2014. Retrieved 1 August 2014. External link in