Brookside Township, Clinton County, Illinois
Location in Clinton County
Clinton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1873|
|• Total||24.33 sq mi (63.0 km2)|
|• Land||24.33 sq mi (63.0 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||449 ft (137 m)|
|• Density||226.2/sq mi (87.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62250, 62801|
|GNIS feature ID||0428716|
Brookside Township is one of fifteen townships in Clinton County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 5,503 and it contained 1,700 housing units. The township's name changed from Crooked Creek Township on June 1, 1874.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 24.33 square miles (63.0 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these seven cemeteries: Barker, Chambers, Garrison, Gilmore, Jolliff, Jones and Petrea.
Airports and landing strips
- Centralia Correctional Center Heliport
- Fairview Park
- Warren G Murray Developmental Center
- Carlyle Community Unit School District 1
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "Brookside Township, Clinton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Brookside Township Cemetery Index". Clinton Co ILGenWeb Project. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
||Clement Township||Meridian Township||Sandoval Township, Marion County|
|Lake Township||Centralia Township, Marion County|
|Hoyleton Township, Washington County||Irvington Township, Washington County|