Brookville Township, Franklin County, Indiana
Location of Brookville Township in Franklin County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||67.09 sq mi (173.8 km2)|
|• Land||64.25 sq mi (166.4 km2)|
|• Water||2.83 sq mi (7.3 km2)|
|Elevation||630 ft (192 m)|
|• Density||89.8/sq mi (34.7/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453136|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 67.09 square miles (173.8 km2), of which 64.25 square miles (166.4 km2) (or 95.77%) is land and 2.83 square miles (7.3 km2) (or 4.22%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Brookville (the county seat)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Fairfield Township (north)
- Bath Township (northeast)
- Springfield Township (east)
- Whitewater Township (southeast)
- Highland Township (south)
- Butler Township (southwest)
- Metamora Township (west)
- Blooming Grove Township (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Maple Grove, Saint Michaels and Usher.
- "Brookville Township, Franklin County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
|This Franklin County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|