Brookville Township, Ogle County, Illinois
Location in Ogle County
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Supervisor||Aileen Diehl|
|• Total||18.07 sq mi (46.8 km2)|
|• Land||18.07 sq mi (46.8 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||791 ft (241 m)|
|• Density||13.3/sq mi (5.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61030, 61064, 61078|
|GNIS feature ID||0428717|
Brookville Township was one of the original twenty townships that were created when township government was adopted by the county; these townships were defined on February 5, 1850.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 18.07 square miles (46.8 km2), all land. It contains the unincorporated town of Brookville and the cemeteries of Brookville Township and Chambers Grove.
- Forrestville Valley Community Unit School District 221
- Polo Community Unit School District 222
- Illinois's 16th congressional district
- State House District 89
- State Senate District 45
- "Brookville Township, Ogle County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Kauffman, Horace G.; Kauffman, Rebecca H., eds. (1909). "Township History". Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois and History of Ogle County. 2. Chicago: Munsell Publishing Company. pp. 738–740. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
||Cherry Grove-Shannon Township, Carroll County||Forreston Township|
|Rock Creek-Lima Township, Carroll County||Lincoln Township|
|Eagle Point Township||Buffalo Township|