|Broomfield High School|
1 Eagle Way
|School type||Public, High school|
|Motto||Be Responsible, Honor Yourself and Others, Strive for Excellence.|
|School district||Boulder Valley|
|Teaching staff||73.40 (FTE) (2019-20)|
|Student to teacher ratio||21.31 (2019–20)|
|Campus size||40 acres (160,000 m2)|
|Color(s)||Royal blue and silver |
|Athletics conference||Front Range League|
|Elevation||5,396 ft (1,640 m) AMSL|
In 1961, a junior and senior high school opened at 14th and Daphne to serve students within the newly incorporated city of Broomfield. High school classes at the school had begun in the fall of 1964. While remodeled several times in the intervening years, the original buildings are part of the present Broomfield High School. From June 2008 to August 2009, the school underwent an extensive $27 million renovation, where in most of the original junior high school portion of the school was replaced with a modern two-story structure.
The demographic breakdown of the 1,605 students enrolled in 2016–17 was:
- Asian: 4.4%
- Black: 1.2%
- American Indian/Alaskan Native: 0.4%
- Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander: 0.1%
- Hispanic: 19.8%
- White: 69.4%
- Two or more races: 4.6%
Students eligible for free or reduced lunch: 11.0%
This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability policy. (June 2022)
- Brandon Bailey , MLB Pitcher for the Houston Astros organization.
- Gustav Olofsson , NHL Defenseman for the Montreal Canadiens organization.
- Timothy Tymkovich (1975), federal judge
- "Search for Public Schools - Broomfield High School (080249000103)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved July 9, 2021.
- "Broomfield High School School Accountability Report 2005-2006 School Year" (PDF). Colorado Department of Education. December 11, 2006. Retrieved August 31, 2007.[permanent dead link]
- "Broomfield High School Profile". Colorado High School Activities Association. Archived from the original on September 28, 2007. Retrieved August 31, 2007.
- "Community". City & County of Broomfield. Archived from the original on September 27, 2007. Retrieved August 31, 2007.
- Staff, Broomfield Enterprise (June 16, 2009). "North wing at Broomfield High comes down". Broomfield Enterprise. Retrieved May 31, 2010.
- Krider, Dylan Otto (August 22, 2004). "New year, new space at Broomfield High". Broomfield Enterprise. Retrieved May 31, 2010.
- Shelton, Elwood K. (March 22, 2012). "Baseball: Broomfield's Bailey keeps scoreless streak alive against Thompson Valley". Longmont Times-Call. Archived from the original on December 1, 2017. Retrieved November 21, 2017.
- Abbott, Karen (June 27, 2003). "Tymkovich To Don Black Robe". Rocky Mountain News.