Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Kalabhavan Shajohn|
|Produced by||Listin Stephen|
|Written by||Kalabhavan Shajohn|
|Music by||4 Musics|
|Edited by||Akhilesh Mohan|
|Distributed by||Magic Frames Release|
Brother's Day is a 2019 Indian Malayalam-language family thriller film written and directed by Kalabhavan Shajohn in his directorial debut. Produced by Listin Stephen, the film stars Prithviraj Sukumaran, Aishwarya Lekshmi, Prayaga Martin, Madonna Sebastian, Miya and Prasanna. The film marks the debut of Prasanna as actor and Dhanush as singer and lyricist in Malayalam cinema. Music for the film was composed by 4 Musics.
Principal photography began on 16 March 2019 and was completed in mid-July after a 96-day long filming. The film was released in theatres worldwide on 6 September 2019.
- Prithviraj Sukumaran as Rony
- Prasanna as Shiva
- Aishwarya Lekshmi as Santa Chandy / Peeli
- Prayaga Martin as Ruby
- Madonna Sebastian as Jema George
- Miya George as Thaneesha
- Vijayaraghavan as Chandy
- Dharmajan Bolgatty as Munna / Valsan
- Kottayam Nazeer as Joy
- Vijayakumar as CI Alex Kurian
- Spadikam George as George Thomas
- Kalabhavan Shajohn as Police Officer
- Ponnamma Babu as Susanna George
- Shivaji Guruvayoor as Basheer Mohammed
- Anil Murali as Politician
- Prem Prakash as Michael
- Pauly Valsan as Valyammachi
- Kochu Preman as Priest
- Vanitha Krishnachandran as Mother Superior
- Maala Parvathi as Basheer's Wife
- Dinesh Panicker as Davis
- Naseer Sankranthi as Police Constable
- Resmi Anil as Nun
- Anjana Appukuttan as Servant
- Vinod Kedamangalam as Broker
- Sukumaran as Rony's and Ruby's Father (Photo Archive)
- Srividya as Rony's and Ruby's Mother (Photo Archive)
- Mime Gopi as Peeli's Father
- Jayasankar Karimuttam as Peeli's Father's Friend
Brother's Day marks the directorial and screenwriter debut of actor Kalabhavan Shajohn. It was at the sets of Oozham (2016) that Shajohn narrated the screenplay to Prithviraj. Shajohn had no plans of directing the film at that time. He asked Prithviraj to recommend anyone and Prithviraj encouraged Shajohn to direct the film himself and agreed to act provided that he direct. Produced by Listin Stephen, the film was made on a budget of ₹7 crore. Shajohn describes the film as a "family thriller". Aishwarya Lekshmi, Madonna Sebastian, Prayaga Martin and Miya plays the four female lead roles. The film marks the Malayalam film debut of actor Prasanna. Principal photography began on 16 March 2019. After a 96-day long shoot the film was wrapped in mid-July 2019. The film was shot in locations such as Pollachi, Kuttikkanam, Ernakulam, and Munnar.
|Soundtrack album by|
The music for the film was composed by the ensemble group 4 Music and Nadirshah. Dhanush penned and sung the Tamil song "Nenjodu Vinaa", marking his singing debut in Malayalam. Madhu Vasudevan, B. K. Harinarayanan, Jis Joy, Nellai Jayantha were the other lyricists.
|Brother's Day (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)|
|1.||"Nenjodu Vinaa"||Dhanush, Biby Mathew||4 Music||Dhanush||3:00|
|2.||"Chellam Chellam"||B. K. Harinarayanan||4 Music||Abhijith Kollam||4:38|
|3.||"Thalolam Thumbippennalle"||Madhu Vasudevan||4 Music||Vijay Yesudas, Zia Ul Haq, Biby Mathew, Haritha Balakrishnan, Vrinda Shameek Ghosh, Judith Ann|
The first-look poster was released on 15 May 2019. A teaser was released on 21 July 2019. As part of the promotions, a press conferences and a "global launch" function for the film was held at Doha on 30 August 2019, with the presence of the cast and crew. Brother's Day was released in theatres worldwide on 6 September 2019, ahead of the Onam week in Kerala.
- Onmanorama staff (29 August 2019). "Why Prithviraj chose to do Brother's day after Lucifer". Malayala Manorama. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- George, Vijay (5 September 2019). "'Brother's Day' is a family thriller, says Kalabhavan Shajohn". The Hindu. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- "Prasanna to debut in Malayalam with Brother's Day". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- "Prasanna debuts in Mollywood with Brother's day". The News Minute. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Prithviraj starts shooting for Brother's Day". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "'Brother's Day': Kalabhavan Shajon had a special note of thanks for Prithviraj Sukumaran as they wrapped up the film's shoot". The Times of India. 16 July 2019. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Prasanna wraps up shoot for his Malayalam debut". The Times of India. 16 July 2019. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Kalabhavan Shajon turns director with 'Brother's Day'". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Prithviraj joins the sets of Brother's Day". The New Indian Express. 4 April 2019. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Dhanush to make his singing debut in Malayalam with Prithviraj's 'Brother's Day'". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 27 August 2019.
- "Prithviraj shares first look of Brother's Day". The Indian Express. 15 May 2019. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Prithviraj mimicks Prem Nazir in Brother's Day teaser". Mathrubhumi. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "'ബ്രദേഴ്സ് ഡേ' സെപ്തംബര് ആറിന് റിലീസ് ചെയ്യും". Mathrubhumi (in Malayalam). 31 August 2019. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
|This article about a film in the Malayalam language is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|