Brother (Smashproof song)
|Single by Smashproof featuring Gin Wigmore|
|from the album The Weekend|
|Released||5 January 2009NZ)(|
|Genre||Hip hop, electronica|
|Songwriter(s)||Tautogia, Diamond, Fa'Afou, Kibulu, Gremillo|
|Smashproof singles chronology|
|Gin Wigmore singles chronology|
"Brother" is a single by New Zealand hip-hop group Smashproof, released in early 2009. The song features Gin Wigmore. It was made as a metaphor to life in South Auckland. The song debuted in New Zealand at number twenty-three on 26 January 2009, rising to number one in its fifth week, where it stayed on the RIANZ Top 40 for eleven weeks, finally being knocked off the top spot by Eminem's "We Made You". It also had minor notoriety in Germany, reaching #81 on their national chart.
The song broke a 23-year-old record by clocking up the longest consecutive run at number-one by a local act on the New Zealand Singles Chart. The record was previously set by the America’s Cup-themed single "Sailing Away" by All Of Us, which spent nine consecutive weeks at the top in 1986.
|German Singles Chart||81|
|New Zealand Singles Chart||1|
|New Zealand Singles Chart||2|
- "iTunes Store". Itunes.apple.com. 2009-01-05. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- "SMASHPROOF FEAT. GIN WIGMORE – BROTHER (SONG)". Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- RadioScope.net.nz: Brother 2x Platinum Certification Archived 14 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- "New Zealand Chart Facts". RIANZ.org.nz. Archived from the original on 9 July 2011. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- "MTV | Hitlist Germany KW 5 | charts". Mtv.de. 29 September 2011. Archived from the original on 5 March 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Smashproof Feat. Gin Wigmore – Brother (Song)". Charts.org.nz. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- "The Official New Zealand Music Chart". Rianz.org.nz. Archived from the original on 22 July 2010. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
"I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz
|New Zealand RIANZ singles chart number-one single
23 February 2009 – 3 May 2009
"We Made You" by Eminem
|This 2000s hip hop single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|