Brother Bear (soundtrack)
|Brother Bear: An Original Walt Disney Records Soundtrack|
|Soundtrack album by Phil Collins|
|Released||October 21, 2003|
|Producer||Phil Collins, Mark Mancina, Rob Cavallo (track 1)|
|Walt Disney Animation Studios chronology|
|Phil Collins chronology|
|Singles from Brother Bear: An Original Walt Disney Records Soundtrack|
Brother Bear: An Original Walt Disney Records Soundtrack is the soundtrack to Disney's 2003 animated feature Brother Bear. It contains the film's music composed by Mark Mancina and Phil Collins, as well as songs written by Collins, and performed by Tina Turner, The Blind Boys of Alabama, Oren Waters, The Bulgarian Women's Choir, and even Collins himself. Much of the soundtrack in the film consists of the songs performed by Collins as a montage, much like what was done with the earlier Disney soundtrack to film Tarzan, but not entirely. The album was released on October 21, 2003 by Walt Disney Records.
Although not released as a single "On My Way" was featured prominently in commercials for the film. The song is about going off to new places with new friends, and Collins sings it during a montage when Kenai befriends Koda. The number is also sometimes listed as "Send Me on My Way".
- "Look Through My Eyes" by Phil Collins – 4:01
- "Great Spirits" by Tina Turner – 3:23
- "Welcome" by Phil Collins – 3:38
- "No Way Out" (Theme from Brother Bear) (single version) by Phil Collins – 4:18
- "Transformation" by The Bulgarian Women's Choir – 2:29
- "On My Way" by Phil Collins – 3:40
- "Welcome" by The Blind Boys of Alabama and Phil Collins with Oren Waters – 3:14
- "No Way Out" (Theme from Brother Bear) by Phil Collins – 2:37
- "Transformation" by Phil Collins – 2:26
- "Three Brothers" (Score) – 6:44
- "Awakes as a Bear" (Score) – 6:48
- "Wilderness of Danger and Beauty" (Score) – 5:32
Best Buy exclusive
- "Great Spirits" by Phil Collins – 4:47
|2003||U.S. Billboard 200||52|
|2003||"Look Through My Eyes"||Phil Collins||Adult Contemporary||5|
- Billboard (22 November 2003). Vol. 115 (n° 47): p. 22. "Other songs he sings are 'Look Through My Eyes' (the soundtrack's first single), 'No Way Out' (the theme to Brother Bear) and 'On My Way,' which is featured prominently in commercials for the film."
- Thomas S. Hischak, Mark A. Robinson. The Disney Song Encyclopedia (2009). p. 146. "'On My Way' is the rhythmic folk-rock number Phil Collins wrote for the animated movie Brother Bear (2003). Collins sings the throbbing song, about going off to new places with new friends, during a montage when the human-turned-bear Kenai befriends the rambunctious bear cub Koda. The number is sometimes listed as 'Send Me on My Way'...."