Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company
|Headquarters||Fort Wayne, Indiana United States|
|Mark Robison |
(Chairman, President and CEO)
|Revenue||$324.3 million USD of Earned Premium (YE 2016)|
Number of employees
|Approximately 475 (YE 2016)|
Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company is an American insurance company primarily serving churches and related institutions (such as schools, camps, colleges). They are the second largest U. S. provider of property and casualty insurance to Christian churches and related ministries. Their home office is in Fort Wayne, Indiana. They were founded in 1917 by a group of evangelical Mennonites.
Brotherhood Mutual provides insurance to approximately 55,000 customers throughout the United States. Types of insurance provided include property, liability, commercial auto, workers' compensation, and travel. They also provide legal, payroll, and travel assistance services to churches, K-12 schools, camps, and missions. Brotherhood Mutual Insurance is rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
In 2007, Brotherhood Mutual denied coverage to the West Adrian United Church of Christ in Michigan, citing higher risks due to the church's endorsement of gay marriage 
- Leonard, R.L.H.C.S. (2015). Legendary Locals of Fort Wayne:. Legendary Locals. LEGENDARY LOCALS. p. 78. ISBN 978-1-4671-0210-0. Retrieved August 21, 2017.
- Smith, W.H. (2001). Mennonites in Illinois. Studies in Anabaptist and Mennonite history. Wipf & Stock Publishers. p. 296. ISBN 978-1-57910-771-0. Retrieved August 21, 2017.
- "Who We Are". www.brotherhoodmutual.com. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- "Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company - Company Profile - Best's Credit Rating Center". www3.ambest.com. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- Moll, Rob. "Brotherhood Mutual Denies Insurance to Pro-Gay Church". Christianity Today. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Shupe, A. (2011). Rogue Clerics: The Social Problem of Clergy Deviance. Religion and Society. Transaction Publishers. pp. 168–169. ISBN 978-1-4128-0973-3. Retrieved August 21, 2017.
- Conte, A. (2010). Sexual Harassment in the Workplace: Law and Practice. Wolters Kluwer Law & Business. pp. 11–370. ISBN 978-0-7355-9765-5. Retrieved August 21, 2017.