Brotherhood of Hope
|Motto||Primum Deus, Deus Solum ("God First, God Alone")|
|Type||Association of the faithful in the Catholic Church|
The Brotherhood of Hope (abbreviated B.H.) is an association of the faithful in the Catholic Church, composed primarily of religious brothers who serve in college campus ministry. The association was founded in 1980 in Newark, New Jersey by Father Philip Merdinger, a Catholic priest.
In December 2012, Father Robert W. Oliver, a member of the Brotherhood of Hope, was appointed by Pope Benedict XVI to the Promoter of Justice for the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. In September 2014, Oliver was promoted by Pope Francis to be the first secretary of the Pontifical Commission for the Protection of Minors.
- Oliver, Richard (2012). "Post Nominal Initials for Religious Congregations of Men in the US". Conference of Major Superiors of Men. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- Donahue, Chris (10 November 2005). "Brotherly Love: Family, friends help order mark anniversary". The Catholic Spirit. Diocese of Metuchen. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- Harris, Elise (10 September 2014). "Boston priest named secretary of Vatican commission to protect minors". Catholic News Agency. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- Floyd, Gregory (8 October 2010). "TV series features campus ministry, Brotherhood of Hope". The Pilot. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- Williams, Christine M. (3 June 2012). "Hope for College Students in Boston". National Catholic Register. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- Graves, James (26 September 2015). "On campus, brothers are professors of faith". OSV Newsweekly. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- Wangsness, Lisa (22 December 2012). "Boston priest gets new role in Vatican". Boston Globe. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- Williams, Christine M. (3 January 2013). "The Vatican's New Point Man on Sexual Abuse". National Catholic Register. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- Glatz, Carol (10 September 2014). "Pope appoints two U.S. priests to help tackle sexual abuse of minors". Catholic News Service. Retrieved 28 December 2014.