This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Broughton glass full of Amarillo Hops.
Situated in the heart of the Scottish Borders
|Products||Cask Ales, Bottled Ales, Lager & Kegged Beer|
Broughton Ales is an independent brewery Broughton, in the Scottish Borders. The brewery was founded in 1979 by David Younger and James Collins in a former sheep station, and is Scotland's original independent microbrewery. Broughton produces a range of beer, including lagers, ales,stouts and speciality beers in keg, cask,bottles and cans.The brewery has won numerous awards over many years, both domestically and internationally, and still uses traditional open vessel fermentation.In addition,uniquely in Scotland, they use a Porteus malt mill which dates back to the 1960s. Today, Broughton beers can be found in many pubs,hotels, and supermarkets across Scotland, and further afield in Italy, France,Germanyand other parts of Europe. Their most famous beers are Old Jock Ale, Greenmantle, Merlin, and more recently Hopopotamus.
Broughton also carries a range of bottled beers and lagers 
- Scottish Pale Ale ABV 3.6%
- Hopopotamus IPA ABV 3.8%
- Greenmantle 70/- Ale - ABV 3.9%
- RAM'D Lager ABV 4.2%
- Merlin's Ale - ABV 4.2%
- Clipper IPA - ABV 4.2%
- Exciseman's 80/- ABV 4.6%
- Dark Dunter - ABV 4.8%
- No 5 Proper I.P.A. - ABV 5.0%
- Blonde Lager -ABV 5.0%
- 6.2 I.P.A. - ABV 6.2%
- Old Jock - ABV 6.7%
And seasonal beers:
- Sin Bin Ale - ABV 4.0%
- Spring Ale - ABV 3.8%
- Summer Ale - ABV 3.8%
- Elder Power - ABV 4.2%
- Winter Fire - ABV 4.2%
- Santa's Stout - ABV 4.4%
2015 - Broughton's Old Jock Ale and Black Douglas both won silver awards at the 2015 Meiningers International Craft Beer Competition in Neustadt, Germany. 
2014 - Broughton's Proper I.P.A. won a bronze award at the 2014 SIBA Scotland Region Beer Competition in the category of strong cask bitters. 
2013 - Broughton's Black Douglas won a silver award at the 2013 SIBA Scotland Region Beer Competition in the category of bottled bitters over 5.0%.
2010 - Broughton's Tibbie Shiels won the Annual 2010 Tesco Beer Challenge. 
2009 - Broughton's Tibbie Shiels & Champion Double Ale won Silver Beer Awards at the 2009 International Beer Challenge. 
2009 - Broughton's Champion Double Ale won the a SILVER at the 2009 National SIBA Beer Competition for champion bottled beers. 
2008 - Broughton's Champion Double Ale won a GOLD at the 2008 SIBA Scotland Annual Competition for bottled beers.
2008 - Broughton's Clipper I.P.A. won a GOLD at the 2008 SIBA Scotland Annual Competition for best bitters. 
2007 - Broughton's Champion Double Ale was judged to be in "The World's 50 Best Beers" in the 2007 Bottlers International Competition.
2006 - Broughton's Champion Double Ale won the 2006 Tesco Beer Challenge. 
2005 - Broughton's Border Gold won a bronze award in the 2005 International Brewing Awards in Munich. 
2004 - Broughton's Exciseman's 80/- won a bronze award in the 2004 SIBA Scotland Annual competition for premium bitters.
2003 - Broughton's Black Douglas won a bronze award in the 2003 SIBA Scotland Annual competition for the category of Porter, Old Ale & Stout.
- "Broughton Ales Online Shop". www.broughtonales.co.uk. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "Meiningers International Craft Beer Competition" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- "15th Ayrshire Real Ale Festival". www.ayrshirebeerfestival.co.uk/. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "2014 Scotland Region Beer Competition". www.siba.co.uk. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- "SIBA Beer Competitions". www.siba.co.uk/events/regional-competitions/scotland/2013-2. National & Regional Beer Competitions. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Broughton boosted as Tesco takes winning ale". www.scotsman.com. The Scotsman. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "Inside Beer - International Beer Challenge 2009". www.insidebeer.com. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- www.siba.co.uk. SIBA Annual Brewing Conference http://www.siba.co.uk/AC2007/?2009:National_Winners. Retrieved 24 October 2014. Missing or empty
- "SIBA SCOTLAND ANNUAL COMPETITION TOOK PLACE ON FRIDAY 20TH JUNE IN THE ASSEMBLY ROOMS, EDINBURGH". www.siba.co.uk. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "IBC unveils world's top 50 beers". www.offlicencenews.co.uk. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "The drinking man's guide to Scotland". www.thedrinkingmansguidetoscotland.com. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "Top Brewers Named At Drinktec". www.bevindustry.com. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "Champion Beer of Scotland (By Year)". Campaign for Real Ale. Archived from the original on 27 September 2011. Retrieved 8 September 2011.