Broughton River (South Australia)
|• elevation||339 m (1,112 ft)|
|0 m (0 ft)|
|Length||110 km (68 mi)|
|Basin size||5,671 km2 (2,190 sq mi)|
|• left||Yakillo Creek, Hill River, Hutt River|
|• right||Freshwater Creek, Bundaleer Creek, Rocky River, Crystal Brook|
|Waterholes||Beetaloo Reservoir; Bundaleer Reservoir|
The Broughton River is a river in the Australian state of South Australia.
The river flows from the junction of the Hill River and the Yakillo Creek immediately south of Spalding in a westerly direction towards Spencer Gulf.:2 Its mouth is located in the gazetted locality of Port Davis about 40 kilometres (25 mi) north of Port Broughton and 20 kilometres (12 mi) south west of Port Pirie.
Tributaries of the Broughton include Freshwater Creek, Bundaleer Creek, the Rocky River, Crystal Brook, Yakillo Creek, the Hill River and the Hutt River.:9 The river descends 292 metres (958 ft) over its 110-kilometre (68 mi) course.
- "Map of River Broughton, SA". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. Retrieved 25 March 2017.
- "Map of Broughton River, SA". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. Retrieved 25 March 2017.
- Favier, Diane; Scholz, Glen; VanLaarhoven, Jason; Bradley, Jane; Phipps, Laura (2004). A River Management Plan for the Broughton Catchment (Report DWLBC 2004/16) (PDF). Adelaide, South Australia: Department of Water, Land and Biodiversity Conservation. ISBN 0-9752098-1-7. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 April 2016. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
- Harding, Andrew; Henschke, Chris; Ciganovic, Peter; Dooley, Trevor (June 2006). Northern Broughton River Salinity Management Plan (Prepared for the Northern and Yorke Natural Resources Management Board). Adelaide, South Australia: Rural Solutions SA. p. 2. Archived from the original on 21 March 2016. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
- Boating Industry Association of South Australia (BIA); South Australia. Department for Environment and Heritage (2005), South Australia's waters an atlas & guide, Boating Industry Association of South Australia, p. 208, ISBN 978-1-86254-680-6
- "Broughton River: River Basin Summary" (PDF). CSIRO, Government of Australia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 March 2011. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "Search result for "Broughton River (stream)" (Record no SA0009947) with the following layers selected - "Suburbs and Localities" and "Place names (gazetteer)"". Property Location Browser. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
|This article about a river in South Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|