Brovst is a town with a population of 2,755 (1 January 2014) in Jammerbugt municipality in northern Jutland in the Region Nordjylland. To the north is Jammer Bay (Jammerbugt), and beyond that the Skagerrak, the strait that separates Denmark from Norway.
Until January 1, 2007, Brovst was also a municipality (Danish, kommune) covering an area of 223 km², and having a total population of 8,340 (2005). Its last mayor is Mogens C. Gade, a member of the Venstre (Liberal Party) political party.
Brovst municipality ceased to exist as the result of Kommunalreformen ("The Municipality Reform" of 2007). It was merged with Fjerritslev, Pandrup, and Aabybro municipalities to form the new Jammerbugt municipality. This created a municipality with an area of 863 km² and a total population of 38,864 (2005).
- Dr Henning Mysager mayor of Brovst municipality 1986-1998, also Vice-Chairman of the World Scout Committee
- Ole Christensen (born 1955) a Danish politician and Member of the European Parliament, member of Brovst town council 1989-2004, Mayor 1998-2002 and Deputy Mayor 2002-2004
- Hans Nielsen (born 1959 in Arentsminde near Brovst) a speedway rider active 1970s-1990s; winning the world title four times
- Mogens Gade (born 1961) a Danish politician, mayor of Mayor of Brovst Municipality 2002–2006
- Municipal statistics: NetBorger Kommunefakta, delivered from KMD aka Kommunedata (Municipal Data)
- Municipal mergers and neighbors: Eniro new municipalities map
|This Danish location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|