|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Years active||2003, 2006–2009|
|Associated acts||Sum 41, Organ Thieves, Cauterize, The Quits, RPO, Blackjacket|
|Past members||Craig Pattison
Brown Brigade was a reggae-influenced heavy metal band created by former Sum 41 guitarist Dave "Brownsound" Baksh, after leaving Sum 41 in 2006. Last members were Baksh himself, (vocals, guitar), Vaughn Lal (bass, backing vocals), Johnny Owens (drums), Chuck Coles (guitar), and Cess Rock (live percussion).
Formation and Into the Mouth of Badd(d)ness (2003, 2006–2007)
Brown Brigade also recruited drummer Johnny Owens, guitarist Craig "The Craigulator" Pattison (Baksh's guitar tech with Sum 41), and percussionist Cess Rock, and chose a mascot, "the Brown Knight", which later appeared in the band's music video for "Aggravation Plantation".
The band was signed to Aquarius Records in September 2006, and in October released a debut EP title Appetizer for Destruction, a reference to the Guns N' Roses album Appetite for Destruction. The EP was sold exclusively on the band's live shows supporting Pennywise on their Canadian tour.
Brown Brigade recorded a thirteen-track album which was mixed in Los Angeles in March 2007. In July a promotional cover song from the album, Iron Maiden's "Hallowed Be Thy Name" was released by the fansite "There is no Resolution". In August the album, Into the Mouth of Badd(d)ness, was released in the United States and Canada through iTunes, and the next month the CD version was released in Canada through Aquarius Records.
Over the next two years, the band announced plans to recruit a new lead vocalist and to release new recordings, but these did not materialize. Through 2009, the band was less active because some of its members became involved in another band, the Organ Thieves, started by Coles. After November the band went into hiatus, and although plans were made to release some already created material online, this didn't happen either, and the band never reunited. In 2015, Baksh rejoined Sum 41.
- Dave "Brownsound" Baksh – guitar, percussion (2003–present), lead vocals (2006–2009)
- Vaughn Lal – bass, backing vocals (2003–2009)
- Johnny "No-Triggers" Owens – drums, percussion (2003–2009)
- Chuck Coles – lead & rhythm guitars (2007–2009)
- Cess Rock – vocals, live percussion (2004–2009)
- Craig Pattison - lead guitar (2003–2007)
- Travis Sanders - lead vocals (2006)
- Lee Fairley - drums (2006)
|Release date||Title||Record label|
|November 2006||Appetizer for Destruction (EP)||Aquarius Records|
|August 14, 2007||Into the Mouth of Badd(d)ness||Aquarius Records|
- "Dave 'Brownsound' Baksh Says Sum 41 Got 'Too Dark For The Public'". MTV James Montgomery, June 8, 2006
- "Sum 41 Guitarist Quits, Seeks Metal". Rolling Stone, May 16, 2006KAREN BLISS archived at the Wayback Machine
- McLean, Steve (2006-05-15). "Former Sum 41 Guitarist Dave Baksh Forms Brown Brigade". Chart. Retrieved 2009-08-07.