Brown River (Québec–Maine)
- Quebec (Canada): municipality of Saint-Adalbert, in L'Islet Regional County Municipality, in the administrative region of Chaudière-Appalaches;
- Maine (United States): Township T13 R16 Wels, in the Aroostook County, in North Maine Woods.
The upper hydrographic watershed of Brown River is accessible in Quebec by the road of 5th range West, route 204 West, Bélanger road and 8th range West. The segment of river flowing in the Maine is accessible by forest road along the Depot River.
The source of the river Brown begins with a mountain stream in Saint-Adalbert, Quebec. This source is located at:
- 5.6 kilometres (3.5 mi) at Northwest of the border between Quebec and Maine;
- 1.5 kilometres (0.93 mi) at Northwest from the village center of Saint-Adalbert, Quebec;
- 8.6 kilometres (5.3 mi) at Southwest of the confluence of the "River Brown".
From its source, "Brown River" flows over 11.2 kilometres (7.0 mi) as follows:
River Brown Headwaters (segment of 8.2 kilometres (5.1 mi) flowing in Quebec)
- 2.7 kilometres (1.7 mi) to the South in Saint-Adalbert, Quebec, forming a curve to the west, until the route 204;
- 2.2 kilometres (1.4 mi) Eastward passing at the North of the "Bellevue Mountain" up to the road of the Mountain;
- 1.9 kilometres (1.2 mi) to the Southeast, up to the road of 8th range West;
- 1.4 kilometres (0.87 mi) to the Southeast, up to the Canada-US border.
Lower river courses Brown (segment de 3.0 kilometres (1.9 mi) flowing in the Maine)
- 3.0 kilometres (1.9 mi) to the southeast in a small valley basin, then in a plain to the confluence of the river.
This confluence is located:
- 2.5 kilometres (1.6 mi) to the southeast of the Canada-US border;
- 37.8 kilometres (23.5 mi) to the Southwest of the confluence of the Big Black River (Saint John River).
"The River Brown" pours on the west bank of the Depot River which flows North, South East and North again, up to the Big Black River (Saint John River) (French: Grande rivière Noire), in Aroostook County. The latter flows Northeast zigzagging up to a river bend of Saint John River where it pours on the West bank. It flows to the East, then Southeast through all the New Brunswick and pours on the North bank of the Bay of Fundy which opens to the Southwest on the Atlantic Ocean.
- Saint-Adalbert, Quebec, a municipality of Quebec
- L'Islet Regional County Municipality, an RCM in Quebec
- Aroostook County, a county in Maine
- Depot River, one of the rivers in Maine
- Big Black River (Saint John River), a stream
- Saint John River (Bay of Fundy), a stream
- North Maine Woods, a geographical region of Maine
- List of rivers of Quebec
- List of rivers of Maine
- River Segments measured from the Atlas of Canada (posted on Internet), Ministry of Natural Resources Canada
- Commission de toponymie du Québec (Quebec Places Names Board) – Banque de noms de lieux (Place Names Bank) – Toponym: "Brown river"
- "Brown Stream". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2016-08-19.
- ‹See Tfd›(in English) Maine Streamflow USGS data
- ‹See Tfd›(in English) Maine Watershed data from the Environmental Protection Agency