Brown Township, Morgan County, Indiana
Location in Morgan County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||22.6 sq mi (59 km2)|
|• Land||22.33 sq mi (57.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.27 sq mi (0.7 km2) 1.19%|
|Elevation||659 ft (201 m)|
|• Density||581.1/sq mi (224.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|ZIP codes||46113, 46158|
|GNIS feature ID||453140|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 22.6 square miles (59 km2), of which 22.33 square miles (57.8 km2) (or 98.81%) is land and 0.27 square miles (0.70 km2) (or 1.19%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Mooresville (vast majority)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Brooklyn Rest Park and Monical.
Airports and landing strips
- Kellys Airfield
- Pioneer Park
- Mooresville Consolidated School Corporation
Brown Township residents may obtain a free library card from the Mooresville Public Library in Mooresville.
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 47
- State House District 91
- State Senate District 37
- "Brown Township, Morgan County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "Library membership". Mooresville Public Library. Retrieved 10 March 2018.