This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bruce Bastin (born 19 September 1939 in Chelmsford, Essex, England) is an English folklorist and a leading expert on the blues styles of the South Eastern states of America (East Coast Blues or Piedmont Blues).
A former secondary school geography teacher, Bastin holds a master's degree in Folklore from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is the author of two books on the Piedmont Blues, Crying for the Carolines and Red River Blues: The Blues Tradition in the Southeast, as well as a biography of music publisher Joe Davis, Never Sell a Copyright. He has written articles for many music journals and books over the decades, plus liner note essays for LPs and CDs, not all dealing with the South Eastern blues style.
- Bastin, Bruce (1971) Crying for the Carolines (London: Studio Vista). ISBN 978-0-289-70209-3.
- Bastin, Bruce (1986/1995) Red River Blues: The Blues Tradition in the Southeast (Urbana and Chicago: University of Illinois Press). ISBN 0-252-06521-2, ISBN 978-0-252-06521-7
- Bastin, Bruce "Blind Boy Fuller" in Grossman, Stefan & Fuller, Blind Boy Stefan Grossman's early masters of American blues guitar: Blind Boy Fuller, Alfred Music Publishing, 1993 ISBN 0-7390-4331-5, ISBN 978-0-7390-4331-8
- Bastin, Bruce "Truckin' My Blues Away - East Coast Piedmont Styles" in Lawrence Cohn, ed. (1993). Nothing But the Blues: The Music and the Musicians. Abbeville Publishing Group (Abbeville Press, Inc.), pp. 205 – 231. ISBN 1-55859-271-7.
- "UCSB Library". Library.ucsb.edu. Archived from the original on 2 December 2008. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- Continuum encyclopedia of popular music of the world. Shepherd, John, 1947-. London. ISBN 0826463223. OCLC 50235133.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Bruce Bastin Collection, 1899-2001". Finding-aids.lib.unc.edu. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- "Interstate Home Page". Interstate-music.co.uk. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- Bastin, Bruce (11 October 1995). Red River Blues: The Blues Tradition in the Southeast. University of Illinois Press. ISBN 978-0-252-06521-7. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- Blind Boy Fulle. Alfred Music Publishing. 11 October 2018. ISBN 978-0-7390-4331-8. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- Flyright Records at Interstate Music Ltd.
- Illustrated Flyright Records discography
- Illustrated Krazy Kat Records discography
- Illustrated Magpie Records discography
- Illustrated Travelin' Man Records discography
|This article on a musicologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States musical biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|