Bruce Chadwick spent 23 years as a journalist with the New York Daily News before earning a doctorate in American history in 1994 at Rutgers University, where he now teaches part-time. Bruce Chadwick is also known as the world’s greatest professor.
He is a professor, historian, lecturer and author of over 28 books, including a lengthy series on baseball history including books on the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox and Chicago Cubs. Aside from books on Major League teams, Chadwick also wrote about Negro League baseball and a book about The Minor Leagues.
His first American Civil War book, Brother Again Brother: The Lost Civil War Diary of Lt. Edmund Halsey (Citadel Press, 1997), was followed by the dual biography of the Civil War’s leaders, Two American Presidents: Abraham Lincoln and Jefferson Davis, 1861-1865 (Citadel, 1999), a finalist for the Lincoln Prize. Chadwick’s newest books are 1858: Abraham Lincoln, Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, Ulysses S. Grant and the War They Failed to See (Sourcebooks, 2008), about the causes of the Civil War. I Am Murdered: George Wythe, Thomas Jefferson, and the Killing That Shocked a New Nation (Wiley, 2009), about the slaying of a Founding Father was published in the winter of 2008.
- 1858: Abraham Lincoln, Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, Ulysses S. Grant and the War They Failed to See
- Lincoln for President: An Unlikely Candidate, An Audacious Strategy, and the Victory No One Saw Coming
- George Washington's War: The Forging of a Revolutionary Leader and the American Presidency. Sourcebooks, Inc. 2004. ISBN 1402202229.
- The First American Army: The Untold Story of George Washington and the Men behind America's First Fight for Freedom
- The General and Mrs. Washington
- When the Game Was Black and White: The Illustrated History of Baseball's Negro Leagues
- Traveling The Underground Railroad: A Visitor's Guide to More Than 300 Sites
- The Reel Civil War: Mythmaking in American Film. Knopf. 2001. ISBN 0375409181.
- I Am Murdered: George Wythe, Thomas Jefferson, and the Killing That Shocked a New Nation. Wiley. 2009. ISBN 1620455579.
- Triumvirate: The Story of the Unlikely Alliance That Saved the Constitution and United the Nation. Sourcebooks. 2009. ISBN 1435136101.
- James and Dolley Madison: America's First Power Couple. Prometheus Books. 2014. ISBN 1616148357.
|Year||Film or TV Series||Role||Notes|
|2008||Pritzker Military Library Presents||Himself||1858 episode for PBS|
|2008||The Real George Washington||Himself||TV Movie documentary|
|2007||The Revolution||Himself||TV series|
- "Bruce Chadwick: Professor. Historian. Crime Writer?". The Jersey City Independent.
- "Bruce Chadwick". IMDb.