Bruce Fisher (born January 8, 1954) is an American songwriter, record producer, playwright best known for his collaborations with Billy Preston. Fisher's best-known songs include "You Are So Beautiful", "Will It Go Round In Circles", and "Nothing from Nothing", all co-written with Preston before 1973.
Fisher's best-known songs include "You Are So Beautiful", "Will It Go Round In Circles", and "Nothing from Nothing", all co-written with Preston before 1973. With his first LP release, Red Hot in 1977, he worked with Roy Ayers, Keni Burke (with whom he wrote the title song), Charles Earland, Mtume and the Brecker Brothers in 1977. He also played and performed with The Blackbyrds, James Gadson, David Williams, Leon Ware, Carolyn Willis, Wah Wah Watson, Ernie Watts, the late Richard Tee and Bernard Purdie throughout the 1970s and 1980s. He also co-wrote and produced songs for the group 3 for 3 in 1990.
In recent years, as a managing member at Speak of the Devil LLC, Theatre Production, Fisher has been producing a play that he wrote entitled "Hear No Evil", starring Tony Award nominee Keith David, directed by Tony nominee Obba Babatunde, with musical direction by Harold Wheeler and costume design by Academy Award winner Ruth E. Carter.
Fisher has also seen the release of several songs on Leigh Jones' debut album, Music In My Soul.
- "At The End Of A Love Affair" (United Artists 1976)
- "In My Life" b/w "Starlight Starbright" (Mercury Records 1977)
- "Red Hot" b/w "Money's Funny" (Mercury Records 1977)
- Red Hot (Mercury Records 1977)
- Wet Dream (Kryptics 1996)
As writer or co-writer
- Music Is My Life (co-writer "Will It Go Round In Circles" A&M Records 1972)
- "Body Heat", with Quincy Jones (Mercury Records 1973)
- Music In My Soul (selected tracks) by Leigh Jones (Peak Records 2008)
- Writing and Arrangement credits at Discogs
- Extensive discography at Discogs
- "In My Life" on YouTube[dead link]
- "When Will I See You" on YouTube
- List of musical copyrights