Bruce Hill (racing driver)
July 9, 1949|
Topeka, Kansas, United States
|Achievements||1975 Rookie of the Year|
|NASCAR Sprint Cup Series career|
|100 races run over 8 years|
|Best finish||16th (1975)|
|First race||1974 Los Angeles Times 500|
|Last race||1981 Champion Spark Plug 400|
|Statistics current as of January 27, 2011.|
Bruce Hill (born July 9, 1949) is a former American stock car driver from Topeka, Kansas. He competed in the Winston Cup Series (now Sprint Cup Series), ARCA racing series, and in the NASCAR West Series. He also competed in Late model races in 2002.
In 1974, Bruce Hill began racing in NASCAR in the Winston Cup Series (now Sprint Cup Series) and the NASCAR West Series. He only competed in one race in both series the same year. One year later, Hill won the Rookie of the Year award in the Winston Cup Series, after competing in 26 events. During the season, he recorded three top-five finishes, as well as 11 top-tens with a points finish of sixteenth. He returned to the series again in 1976 by competing in 22 events, which he recorded only four top-ten finishes and finished 23rd in the standings. In 1977, Hill was able to record four top-tens and a 29th place finish in points after participating in 16 events. During the following year, he only participated in 14 events, and recorded two top-tens with a 32nd place finish in the point standings.
He only competed in seven races in 1979, and managed to finish 34th in points. In 1980, he finished 50th in points, and only competed in six races. In his final year in the Winston Cup Series, he competed in eight races and finished 43rd in points. Also in 1981, he participated in a NASCAR Late Model Sportsman race at Darlington Raceway.
While competing in the Winston Cup Series, he also participated in the ARCA Racing Series as well as in the USAC. In 2002, Hill participated in a Late model race at Thunderhill Speedway in Mayetta, Kansas.
- Rick, By (2003-09-29). "Driver remembers NASCAR's history". CJOnline.com. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "Bruce Hill Results and Stats from". databaseRacing.com. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "Bruce Hill Career Statistics". Racing-Reference.info. 1949-07-09. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "Bruce Hill". Ultimateracinghistory.com. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "(And not over the racing bug, either) Not over the Hill | Topeka Capital-Journal, The | Find Articles at BNET". Findarticles.com. 2002-04-07. Retrieved 2011-01-28.