Bruce Lee Rothschild
Rothschild was born in 1941 in Los Angeles. He got his Ph.D. from Yale University in 1967 under the supervision of Øystein Ore. Rothschild wrote several papers with Paul Erdős, giving him an Erdős number of 1.
Rothschild, together with Ronald Graham, formulated one of the most monumental results in Ramsey Theory, the Graham-Rothschild Parameter Sets Theorem. He has collaborated with American mathematicians Joel Spencer and Ronald Graham on key texts related to Ramsey Theory.
Awards and honors
- American Men & Women of Science: Q-S - Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- Bruce Lee Rothschild at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- "Erdős Number Project". Oakland.edu. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- "The Mathematics of Bruce Rothschild" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-07-07.