Bruce Harold Lipton (born October 21, 1944 at Mount Kisco, New York), is an American developmental biologist best known for promoting the idea that gene expression can be influenced (via epigenetics) by environmental factors i.e. people have a greater impact on their health than genetic research has previously determined. He is the author of the book, The Biology of Belief, and is a former researcher at Stanford University’s School of Medicine.
Lipton received a B.A. in biology from C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University in 1966 and a PhD in developmental biology from the University of Virginia in 1971. From 1973 to 1982, he taught anatomy at the University of Wisconsin School Of Medicine, before joining St. George's University School of Medicine as a professor of anatomy for three years. Lipton has said that sometime in the 1980s he abandoned his lifelong atheism and came to believe that the way cells functioned demonstrated the existence of God.
From 1987 to 1992, Lipton was involved in research at Penn State and Stanford University Medical Center. Since 1993, Lipton has been teaching in non-tenure positions at different universities. His publications consist mainly of research on the development of muscle cells.
Lipton has appeared as a guest on several radio shows, as well as The Elaine Smitha Show and The Joe Rogan Experience podcast, and was featured in the 2009 documentary Kymatica, discussing the concepts of love and fear in their relation to the body. He was the recipient of the 2009 Goi Peace Award, "in recognition of his pioneering work in the field of New Biology" He has been a speaker at the Institute of Noetic Sciences' 13th international conference, the Spiritual Science Fellowship International Conference, and various other conventions.
A 2010 publication asserted that Lipton remains on the sidelines of conventional discussions of epigenetics, basically ignored by mainstream science.
- 2005 The Biology of Belief – Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles
- 2006 The Wisdom of Your Cells - How Your Beliefs Control Your Biology
- 2009 Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future and a Way to Get There from Here (co-authored with Steve Bhaerman).
- 2013 The Honeymoon Effect: The Science of Creating Heaven on Earth
- 2015 The Biology of Belief - Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles 10th anniversary edition
- The Business of Disease - Himself (2014) 
- Awake in the Dream - Scientist and messenger (2013) 
- Seeds of Death: Unveiling the Lies of GMOs (2012) 
- Vitality - Himself (2012) 
- The Great Lesson - Himself - Cell Biologist (2012) 
- Cancer is Curable NOW - Himself (2011) 
- Beyond Me - Himself (2010) 
- "Curriculum Vitae". BruceLipton.com.
- Miller, Ian (November 14, 2005). "FINDING MY RELIGION/Bruce Lipton, cell biologist and author of "The Biology of Belief," says it's our beliefs, not our DNA, that control our biology". SF Gate. Retrieved April 15, 2014.
- Search Results for author Lipton BH on PubMed.
- "Curriculum Vita of Bruce H. Lipton" (PDF). Santa Barbara Graduate Institute. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-25. ()
- "The Joe Rogan Experience Podcast". iTunes.
- "Kymatica Documentary (2009)".
- "Goi Peace Award 2009: Dr. Bruce H. Lipton". Goi Peace Awards. Archived from the original on April 15, 2014. Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- "Bruce Lipton, speaker at the 13th International Conference". Institute of Noetic Sciences. Archived from the original on 2009-06-13.
- "SSF-IIIHS Convention Archives". International Institute of Integral Human Sciences. Archived from the original on 2011-07-26.
- "Bruce Lipton, Mind/Body Healing Pioneer, Featured at HypnoSummit Online Hypnosis Training Conference". Kathleen Hanover, SocialMediaPress.com.
- "List of Waldzell Institute speakers". Waldzell Institute. Archived from the original on 2010-04-19.
- Ellison, Katherine. (2010). New Age or "New Biology"? Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment. Vol. 8, No. 2. p. 112. "Lipton remains on the sidelines of conventional discussions of epigenetics. Mainstream science has basically ignored him."
- "Epigenetics: It doesn’t mean what quacks think it means". Science-Based Medicine.
- Eventbright "The Business of Disease" - Movie Screening
- IEDb Awake in the Dream
- The Money Mafia: A World in Crisis By Paul Hellyer Politics Trums Science
- IEDb Vitality
- Toronto Public Library The great lesson mastering the connection between mind+body
- Wayback Machine CANCER_IS_CURABLE_NOW
- IEDb Beyond Me