Bruce Miller (American football)
Miller in 2014
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||August 6, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Canton, Georgia|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||248 lb (112 kg)|
|High school:||Woodstock (GA)|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 7 / Pick: 211|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Bruce William Miller III (born August 6, 1987) is an American football fullback who is currently a free agent. Miller played college football for the UCF Knights, and was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft.
He played college football at UCF, redshirting his first year and winning All-Conference honors for four years. In college, he played defensive end. He was named CUSA Defensive Player of the Year in his junior and senior seasons.
On March 20, 2014, Miller signed a three-year contract extension with the 49ers.
On September 5, 2016, Miller was arrested by San Francisco police and charged with assault for allegedly attacking two men at a Marriott Hotel in San Francisco, one being a 70-year old man. As a result, he was released from his contract with the San Francisco 49ers later the same day. In turn, Miller was charged with seven felonies, including assault with a deadly weapon, an assistive cane.
- "Bruce Miller Signs Contract Extension with 49ers". 49ers.com. March 20, 2014. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- Barrows, Matt. "49ers' Bruce Miller impressing coaches at tight end ... and wide receiver". The Sacramento Bee. Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- Toy, Michelle (September 5, 2016). "Sources: 49er Bruce Miller arrested for assault". KTVU.com.
- Wagoner, Nick (September 5, 2016). "49ers release tight end Bruce Miller after arrest on assault charge". ESPN.com.
- Espn.com news services (September 8, 2016). "Ex-Niners TE Bruce Miller to be arraigned Friday in alleged assault". ESPN.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bruce Miller (American football).|