|Full name||Bruce Nicholas James Oxenford|
5 March 1960 |
Southport, Queensland, Australia
|Batting||Right handed batsman|
|Bowling||Leg break and googly|
|Domestic team information|
|First-class debut||13 December 1991 Queensland v Victoria|
|Last First-class||8 January 1993 Queensland v South Australia|
|Tests umpired||45 (2010–2017)|
|ODIs umpired||82 (2008–2017)|
|T20Is umpired||20 (2006–2016)|
Source: CricketArchive, 6 October 2017
Bruce Nicholas James Oxenford (born 5 March 1960) is an Australian cricket umpire and a former cricketer. He has been an ICC international umpire since 2008, when he first umpired an ODI match. He went on to stand in his first Test match in 2010. On 26 September 2012, he was promoted to the ICC Elite Umpire Panel, the highest umpiring body in the game of cricket, replacing his fellow Australian Simon Taufel, who retired from the panel to take up a newly created ICC supervisory and training position.
Oxenford began umpiring in 1998 and went on to make his first-class umpiring debut in 2001. He was appointed to Cricket Australia's 12-man National Umpire Panel in 2003 and in 2007–08 was appointed to ICC International Panel of Umpires in the third umpire category.
His first Test match was in December 2010 between Sri Lanka and West Indies at Pallekele. He was elevated to the ICC Elite Panel of Umpires in 2012. He was selected as one of the twenty umpires to stand in matches during the 2015 Cricket World Cup.
As of 6 October 2017:
|Tests||Sri Lanka v West Indies at Pallekele, December 2010||South Africa v Bangladesh at Bloemfontein, October 2017||45|
|ODIs||India v Sri Lanka at Canberra, February 2008||Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Cardiff, June 2017||82|
|T20Is||Australia v South Africa at Brisbane, January 2006||Afghanistan v West Indies at Nagpur, March 2016||20|
- List of Test cricket umpires
- List of One Day International cricket umpires
- List of Twenty20 International cricket umpires
- Taufel to retire after World Twenty20. ESPNcricinfo (26 September 2012).
- "Players – Bruce Oxenford". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- Craddock, Robert (12 February 2008). "Ex-players make better umps". Fox Sports. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- Cricket Australia 2007–08 Umpire Panels announced. cricketworld.com (12 July 2007)
- "Bruce Oxenford". Cricket Archive. Retrieved 10 May 2011. (Subscription required (. ))
- "ICC announces match officials for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015". ICC Cricket. 2 December 2014. Retrieved 12 February 2015.