|Born||23 August 1975|
|Alma mater||University of Siena, London School of Economics and Political Science|
Brunello Rosa (born 23 August 1975 in the city of Florence, Italy) is an Italian economist recognized for his contribution to the business development between Italy and the United Kingdom. In September 2017 he co-founded, with renowned economist Nouriel Roubini, Rosa&Roubini Associates, an independent consultancy firm, in which he serves as CEO and head of research. He is a research fellow of the Department of International Politics and the City Political Economy Research Centre at City, University of London and a research associate at the Systemic Risk Centre of the London School of Economics and Political Science, where he is also a practitioner lecturer in finance. He is also a member of Chatham House, the International Institute of Strategic Studies and the UK's Institute of Directors.
Brunello Rosa was raised up in Florence and attended the Scientific Lyceum Guido Castelnuovo, where as he was elected twice in the School's Council and representative of the students in the school's executive committee. In 1993, he was chosen as one of Best Italian Students of the year and was offered to attend the XV University Orientation Course at Scuola Normale Superiore of Pisa.
After receiving his Laurea Cum Laude in Economics from the University of Siena in Italy, Brunello was awarded the "Ezio Tarantelli" Scholarship from the Fondazione Piacenza e Vigevano to pursue his graduate studies at the London School of Economics and Political Science, where obtained his Master’s degree in Finance and Economics. He maintains a number of ties with academia such as those with City University of London, Institute for New Economic Thinking. He is a practitioner lecturer within the MSc courses in finance and economics and a guest lecturer on global macroeconomic challenges within the executive-education courses of the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Before co-founding Rosa&Roubini Associates, Brunello Rosa was CEO and Chief Economist at Macrogeo (September 2016-May 2017), and previously co-Head of Research and Managing Director for Developed Markets, G10 Rates and Currencies at Roubini Global Economics. Brunello joined RGE from the Bank of England, where he mostly worked in its Markets area, in the division that implements monetary policy and provides liquidity insurance. He also contributed to the market intelligence program, gathering insights from the asset management and private equity industries as well as from UK inflation markets. He also served, for brief spells, in the Bank’s Financial Stability area and Centre for Central Banking Studies. Previously, he worked as a macroeconomist and fixed income strategist with a focus on Europe at IDEAglobal, a market intelligence company. In this capacity, he appeared on Bloomberg, Reuters and CNBC TV programs, and was quoted by a variety of media outlets. Prior to joining the private sector, he was a research assistant at the Financial Markets Group of the London School of Economics, where he also taught classes in finance. Brunello started his career as a data analyst at the Department of Economics and as a research fellow at the Centre for Complex System Studies of the University of Siena, where he studied and researched the financial fragility of economic systems.
He is a member of the London Advisory Board, set up by the Italian Embassy in London. The Board advises the Ambassador for the briefings prepared ahead of the visits of Italian authorities and political leaders in the UK. Brunello Rosa is part of the scientific council of Limes, the Italian Review of Geopolitics.
Brunello Rosa is married and father of a daughter. They live in London and he is a naturalized British citizen.
Lectures and Presentations
12 January 2018 - "Alternative Structural Reforms in Italy to fight Corruption and Brain Drain" Forum on Structural Reforms 2.0 at France Strategie
27 March 2015 - “Safeguarding Financial Stability in Challenging Times”, Banking and Insurance Forum, Athens (Greece);
March 2015 – “The illusion of certainty, how do markets function”, at the Limes Festival, Genova (Italy);
4 March 2015 - "Rule of Law as an Engine of Growth", event at the London Stock Exchange with Raffaele Cantone, President of Italy's Anti-Corruption Authority (ANAC);
November 2014 – “The City of London in a New Geopolitical Order”, at the forum "Capital Divided: the City of London and the future of the British economy", organized by the City University London;
May 2014 - "The Outlook for Europe After EBA’s Macro Stress Tests Scenarios", event with Andrea Enria, Chairman of EBA, London;
October 2013 – “Mapping the Political and Economic Environment for Investment” - at The Investment Expert: Asset allocation strategies for a new investment landscape, Stockholm (Sweden).
In 2014, Brunello was awarded a prize by the Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the UK for his "outstanding contributions" to the development of business ties between the UK and Italy. "It's an honor to receive this prestigious award, as recognition of the work I have done in recent years in academia, the policy space and the private sector, and to develop business relationships between Italy and the UK," said Rosa at the occasion. The prize goes to professionals under 40 who hold leadership positions in the UK and have a track record of positive collaborations with Italy. Mr. Rosa was one of the two winners in the finance and services category. In total, only eight individuals – divided into four categories of professions – received the prize from a reported initial pool of 220 nominees. Other winners of the prize come from prominent global firms including the Financial Times, Peroni, Al Jazeera and University College London, among others.
- "Brunello Rosa, Nouriel Roubini, Angela Antetomaso on LSE Systemic Risk Centre: Ten Years After the Global Financial Crisis: Causes, Outcomes, Lessons Learnt" (PDF).
- "Nouriel Roubini - Brunello Rosa on Project Syndicate: The Makings of a 2020 Recession and Financial Crisis".
- "Brunello Rosa - Nouriel Roubini on Project Syndicate: Italy's Slow-Motion Euro Train Wreck".
- "Brunello Rosa on Chatham House: Italy thumbs its nose at EU".
- "France Strategie Presentation - Brunello Rosa" (PDF).
- "Macrogeo - Macrogeo". Macrogeo.global. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Roubini Global Economics - Brunello Rosa". Rge.portfolio.thomashallock.com. 2009-10-01. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Brunello Rosa - Limes". Limesonline.com. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Our Team". 4CastRGE. 2014-06-20. Archived from the original on 2017-01-06. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Festival Limes, l'economista Brunello Rosa: "Come nasce una guerra mondiale" - Repubblica Tv - la Repubblica.it". Video.repubblica.it. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Brunello Rosa et al biographies" (PDF). City.ac.uk. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Author Archive". EconoMonitor. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Banche centrali, il nodo inflazione". Video.milanofinanza.it. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- ""Macrogeo", il think-tank che spiega i legami fra finanza e geopolitica". Repubblica.it. 2016-09-15. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Taking a Long-Term, 10-Year View of Brexit Fallout". Bloomberg. 2016-05-09. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Brunello Rosa of Roubini Global Economics Awarded a Certificate of Achievement by the Italian". Prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "ultimaora - flash news 24 Corriere della Sera". Corriere.it. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Trading quality: Roubini intern enjoys prominent placement". Ucl.ac.uk. 2014-06-27. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Events". Italchamind.eu. 1970-07-01. Archived from the original on 2016-10-05. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Salone del Risparmio".
- "Chatham House-Blueprint for a Viable EU" (PDF).